TonyaM
TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
edited September 2012 in Day to day

Comments

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

I managed to upload a photo of my art work but it took up the whole space and I couldn't write anything.So will put down some words in "comments" I go to an art group on Tuesdays for people who have had cancer. Jody is our art therapist and each week we do something different ie.not always painting. We sit there being creative and chatting away - it's great. I've learnt that it is the"process"of being creative and not the end product which is the therapy bit. Anyway,this photo is of my fabric artwork. I cut up fabric,glued and stitched and this was the end result.Hope to get some more work up here when I figure out how to reduce the size of the photo.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

I managed to upload a photo of my art work but it took up the whole space and I couldn't write anything.So will put down some words in "comments" I go to an art group on Tuesdays for people who have had cancer. Jody is our art therapist and each week we do something different ie.not always painting. We sit there being creative and chatting away - it's great. I've learnt that it is the"process"of being creative and not the end product which is the therapy bit. Anyway,this photo is of my fabric artwork. I cut up fabric,glued and stitched and this was the end result.Hope to get some more work up here when I figure out how to reduce the size of the photo.

Tonya xx

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya,

Very creative :-) If you need a hand with uploading images let me know. You should be able to down size the image if it uploads too big.

I alway struggle when trying to do something creative - I feel it has to be perfect before I am happy with my art - but i love the way you look at it "it is the processof being creative and not the end product"

i am going to get creative over the weekend with some card making and i will show you what I have done :-)

i hope to see what other people have been upto :-)

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options

I love this work Tonya - please keep posting what you create - just lovely.

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options

I love this work Tonya - please keep posting what you create - just lovely.

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hope you are well and out there spreading the word about BCNA!

Fantastic work darl!  I absolutely love it...I have always wanted to do that - it's one of the few crafts I haven't had a go at.  Was it hard to do?  How could I attempt something like this?

Luv H

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Really easy- just cut out a base piece of any sort of fabric.Then cut out all sorts of fabric bits and place them on the base.When you have a design you like. glue on pieces and hand stitch after where you like.I used gold metallic thread. It's just a matter of whether you have some time Helen! I'm afraid I have a nasty virus at the moment which is hindering me in my CLO duties.I plan to see the local breast care nurse first. I'm waiting for my local paper to contact me this week - no hurry though as I would only cough and splutter which is not a good image! Take care,some nasties out there.

luv Tonya xx

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello darl

Sorry to hear you're not well....hope you get rid of it really soon.

Thanks for telling me how you made the hanging - I luv the idea of glueing - very easy!! (except of course if you glue yourself!! LOL!

One of my friends makes hangings and quilts but she does it the complicated way - all stitched and stuffed etc - proper quilting which for me at the moment is    a) too hard and  b) too time consuming!

Sadly I have to tell you that I'm unable to come up to Sydney - I simply can't afford it.  Just between you and me, I lost my house (we now rent) due to this cancer.  I had lost main job in Dec 2010 (long story very unfair) and unknown to me I was getting sick, so the jobs I did manage to secure I ended up stuffing up because I couldn't concentrate.  When I finally did get a good job - the one I'm in now - found out on the Monday I got the job and then found out I had cancer on the Thursday the same week!  Talk about bad luck....oh well.

Anyway we're just trying to get on our feet financially and I thought I'd make it but alas it's just not realistic.  I'm really disappointed - particularly because of the speakers (most in the medical field that I used to work in)but I suppose there will be one next year.

So I'll be thinking of everyone when it's on.  I'm going to put in a post on Room 912 now to let the others know.

In the meantime darl, you take care and get well....there's plenty of time to get out there as a CLO - remember be kind to yourself! 

Bye for now

Luv H

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry to hear you won't make it to Sydney but totally understand. Breast cancer takes it's toll on the finances,that's for sure.You have had some hard times losing your home and job- very unfair.You must surely be in for some good luck next year.I will be taking notes at the conference so will email you any interesting or up to date info.So darl,you won't miss too much. Hope all is going well with your new job.

luv Tonya xx

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm so glad you're taking notes!

If you're willing - I'll officially nominate you the secretary of the conference for Room 912 CL's and announce it on the group's page!

LOL! 

I'm serious though...I know they're are a few of us that can't make it and it would be good to hear about it - although having said that I'll find out if BCNA are going to release notes afterwards (might save you some work!).

I'll let you know (and yes I'm hoping I get some good luck sooner rather than later)

luv H

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh, wow, love it! :)  I've never tried working with fabric, but I love what you've done there.  Are they roses I can see?

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh, wow, love it! :)  I've never tried working with fabric, but I love what you've done there.  Are they roses I can see?

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Gold thread? What a good idea -- there must be so much you can do with the different textures and types of materials when working with fabric. 

I do like the composition -- it makes me think of alien plants flowering (then again, I could just have been watching too much of the SciFi channel! :)

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have so many projects to complete (just to get started).  October is out with all the fundraising and congress but maybe November.  I love to create but at present what i am creating is my garden.  I am eating my veggies and i love it. XLeonie

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Leonie - You will have to take a photo of your garden or your favorite flowers to share with us! Your garden is your piece of artwork.