Marie

Marie
Marie Member Posts: 5
edited October 2010 in Day to day

Just getting started here - more about reading than writing to begin with (getting a feel for the website).

I was diagnosed at age 40, after the magic 5 year mark felt a sense of security, after another 2 years hubby and I had a major lifestyle change, and the last 8 years has been amazing. I'm blessed with wonderful family, friends and lifestyle.

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Hi Marie and welcome. You're in the right place for getting started!  Just shout if you need a hand with finding your way around the network :)

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Hi Marie and welcome. You're in the right place for getting started!  Just shout if you need a hand with finding your way around the network :)

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Hi Marie

I love the way you think!!!!I was diagnosed just on 4 years ago and set myself a 5 year plan to achieve doing something each year that I hadn't done before.  My husband and I have kept to that plan and as time goes on and we become wiser we are also looking forward to a complete life change.  In 10 months time I am going to retire at age 55.  We then hope to be on the road travelling in about 12 months time.  My husband works really hard as a Trades Supervisor and it has really taken 4 years to get him thinking like myself.  Live now not waiting for retirement.  Sure we will have to work part time to supplement ourselves but I am so looking forward to not "being tied down" by work and all the bull......that goes with it.  Breast cancer has a funny way of changing us - I must say for the Positive. Keep up your good thinkingXLeonie