Grrrr!!!

Options
pennyb
pennyb Member Posts: 176
edited August 2012 in Day to day
I'm feeling so frustrated at the moment! I have had some soreness and swelling of my breast and under my arm. I went to my GP who sent me for an ultrasound yesterday. Whilst having the ultrasound the technician called the doctor in to have a look, which made me nervous. She looked and said there is something there but I will have to look at your old pictures for comparison. When are you seeing your surgeon? I said 20th September. She said can you call and get in earlier? Oh no!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!
I went back to the GP today for the results and it says it looks like scar tissue but can't be positive unless I have a fine needle biopsy because it's a unusual shape.
So I have to call my surgeon tomorrow morning and try and get an earlier appointment.
Is this what's it's going to be like from now on??? I really hate this!!!! It's doing my head in. I really don't think it's anything to worry about, but this small part of me is saying what if it comes back?????

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 325
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Penny,

I've been there!!! As you know. Thinking of you dear friend and I have everything crossed for you!!  I hope you can get in earlier for your sake. The waiting around only makes you worry more.

Take care and I will be sending warm hugs across this great country of ours!

Stay positive and let me know how you get on.

Love Alison xxxx

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Penny - read my blog..............................you and I are SO on the same page, love and hugs Josie x x x 

• pennyb
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Al
    Xx
  • pennyb
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Tonya,
    I have an appointment on Thursday. So glad I don't have to wait til the 20th
    Xxx
  • pennyb
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh Josie, I so know how you are feeling,
    Good luck with everything, I have my fingers crossed for both of us.
    Xxx
  • pennyb
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Leonie, isn't it terrible how every little ache and pain scares us now??
    Apart from the back I hope you are well.
    Love Penny
  • Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I went to a "Choices" workshop today and I had to sit for the day.  It did my back the world of good - resting!!!   I will need to do more of that.  You take care. XLeonie

• pennyb
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well the doc still thinks it's nothing nasty, but wants me to have a core biopsy next Wednesday, just to be sure.
    Thank you all for your msgs, will let you know when I get some results.
    Love Penny xxx
  • JJoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good luck Penny! x x x Josie

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ah, girls,  reading through these messages I can say that it is wonderful to have similar women helping each other... no one knows how our wee brains can play havoc at these sort of times, do they? 

I said to a doctor a few years ago that it is just not fair that we have to experience coughs, colds, back pain, sore joints or any other "normal"   ailments after all that we have endured! He agreed.

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's Wednesday and you are having that core biopsy. You are being thought of. xx

• pennyb
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Had the core biopsy today, I thought I was being brave and strong, Tayla (my daughter) drove me, I was calm. I got in there lay down on the bed and the memories of 11 months ago came flooding back! I had the same doctor who did my 2nd biopsy. (I have had 3). She was wonderful, talk me through it, she said she is pretty positive it's nothing, just fluid. I came out a little sore but okay. I called my husband when I finished and started to cry. It was all too much. I have never thought why me through all of this, but it just seems so unfair. I don't want to be whiner and consider myself very lucky, so enough of the negative!
    Anyway I am so glad today is over! Thank you all so much for your kinds wishes and thoughts for me.
  • pennyb
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Had the core biopsy today, I thought I was being brave and strong, Tayla (my daughter) drove me, I was calm. I got in there lay down on the bed and the memories of 11 months ago came flooding back! I had the same doctor who did my 2nd biopsy. (I have had 3). She was wonderful, talk me through it, she said she is pretty positive it's nothing, just fluid. I came out a little sore but okay. I called my husband when I finished and started to cry. It was all too much. I have never thought why me through all of this, but it just seems so unfair. I don't want to be whiner and consider myself very lucky, so enough of the negative!
    Anyway I am so glad today is over! Thank you all so much for your kinds wishes and thoughts for me.
  • JJoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Penny, don't worry  your emotions are back on the roller coaster and we can all understand that.  Remember darling, 'baby steps'.  Keep us posted and we are still thinking of you - major big fat hugs and lots of love, Josie x x x 

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 325
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Penny,

Hope it went well and there is good news. Thinking of you all day. The biopsy was the worst part for me. It hurt!!! More so than the op!!! The sound is also something I will never forget. Like a shotgun/nailgun/staplegun!!!

When do you find out the result?

Take care dear friend and fingers are crossed. Let us know how you get on.

Much love Al xxxx