Sad & worry :-/

Options
TinaG
TinaG Member Posts: 13
edited August 2012 in Day to day
Hi i just had my last chemo last Tuesday, still am not feeling too good with my taste, muscle pain and fatique because of it all i am feeling down & want to cry :-( i am trying to be positive but i find it hard to do. Does anyone know how to stop feeling like this? I've been doing a lots of walking, visiting friends, house work to put my mind in my happy normalself ;-)

Thank you for your time

Love Tina xox

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tina

I know how you are feeling luvy as I am sure so many women on here will contest to wanting to get back out there and bounce back.

All I can say is you need to be patient.  Don't be hard on yourself and give your poor old beaten chemo body a chance to re-energize.

It is a hard thing to do and the more you OVER PUSH yourself the harder it will be.  Just do what you feel you are up to.

I had my last Taxotere chemo back on 20th June this year and i would say it took me about 8 weeks before I was feeling human again.  I did suffer with a lot of major pain and fatigue and then I had shortness of breath following the last chemo.

Just give yourself time, not what you probably want to hear but your poor body has just been through a very harrowing experience and needs a bit more nurturing for a while and I am sure you will start to feel different soon.

Just remember everyone is different and is affected different.  If you continue to feel sad and down in a few more weeks then I would probably talk with someone in your medical team but it is only very very early days.

Mich xoxo

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tina

I know how you are feeling luvy as I am sure so many women on here will contest to wanting to get back out there and bounce back.

All I can say is you need to be patient.  Don't be hard on yourself and give your poor old beaten chemo body a chance to re-energize.

It is a hard thing to do and the more you OVER PUSH yourself the harder it will be.  Just do what you feel you are up to.

I had my last Taxotere chemo back on 20th June this year and i would say it took me about 8 weeks before I was feeling human again.  I did suffer with a lot of major pain and fatigue and then I had shortness of breath following the last chemo.

Just give yourself time, not what you probably want to hear but your poor body has just been through a very harrowing experience and needs a bit more nurturing for a while and I am sure you will start to feel different soon.

Just remember everyone is different and is affected different.  If you continue to feel sad and down in a few more weeks then I would probably talk with someone in your medical team but it is only very very early days.

Mich xoxo

• TinaG
    TinaG Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Mitch thank you so much for your attention, i feel a lot better after seing my breast care nurse today ;-)) all is good xox
    Hope you are keeping well ;-) xox