insert pad for bra

Options
lillekatt
lillekatt Member Posts: 35
edited August 2012 in General discussion

after the 2nd lumpectomy my left breast is much smaller. I have big scar but I'm not too worry about it.It's still painful but it gets better each day. I haven't really looked at my left breast carefully yet. I'm still scared to see the reality. I am wearing the bra provided by breast cancer organization (I am very thankful for these, as it was totally impossible for me to go out and look for appropriate bra after the operation.)

I put wool in the pad pocket and put the pad in the left cup. I'll need to buy bra with pocket and silicon or gel type pad that I can insert into bra. I'm size 6 sometimes size 8 works.

I wonder if anyone know where these things are sold?

Comments

• Erin 71
    Erin 71 Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey there I live in Adelaide and I went to Burnside Plasa Lingerie and they were amazing. I had a Mastectomy and the lady there Kerri was absolutley amazing I came out looking better than before my op. I reckon the form she fitted me with is better than my original boob!!!! Don't know where you are so this may not help at all

• Tania67
    Tania67 Member Posts: 112
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey there,

Your Breast Care Nurse should be able to advise you on where to go. But, you can go to David Jones or Myer. They have experienced fitters in this field that should be able to help you 

Good luck

• Tania67
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey there,

Your Breast Care Nurse should be able to advise you on where to go. But, you can go to David Jones or Myer. They have experienced fitters in this field that should be able to help you 

Good luck

• Tania67
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Erin

I am in Adelaide too. I work across the road from burside villiage and live near Marion. Where abouts do you live?

Tania

x

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi again Lilliekat,

It is great to hear that the bra and soft form you received in the My Care Kit from BCNA was of help after your surgery!

You can try our online Directory if you like: http://www.bcna.org.au/ldirectory/listing.  If you search for 'bra' or 'mastectomy', that should bring up the organisations that not only sell bras and prosthesis but also those that can fit them for you. You can also put in your postcode, if you want somewhere close to you, and then scroll down and check the 'map' tab to see where they are.

Shout if you need a hand :-)

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi again Lilliekat,

It is great to hear that the bra and soft form you received in the My Care Kit from BCNA was of help after your surgery!

You can try our online Directory if you like: http://www.bcna.org.au/ldirectory/listing.  If you search for 'bra' or 'mastectomy', that should bring up the organisations that not only sell bras and prosthesis but also those that can fit them for you. You can also put in your postcode, if you want somewhere close to you, and then scroll down and check the 'map' tab to see where they are.

Shout if you need a hand :-)