Time Flies

Options
Maggs54
Maggs54 Member Posts: 17
edited August 2012 in Health and wellbeing
Hi Everyone,

Well it's been just over 12 months since I heard those dreaded words, you have breast cancer!!!!!

It has certainly been a scary journey but I'm pleased to say my last mammogram, ultrasound and bone scan are all cancer free, yes i am still suffering from the side effects from the Zoladex and Femara plus Lymphodema of the arm and breast but I'm trying not to complain, well not to much anyway , :)

I can't believe how quickly this year has flown they keep you so busy with treatments, tests ect the months all seem to fly by.

There is one question I would like to ask, do you ever get over the fear that every ache or pain or lump is a recurrence, that's the one thing I'm struggling with right now it's like I'm just waiting for it to come back!!!

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congrats on the one year mark.Yes,it's a full time job being a professional patient. It took me about 2 years to relax abit about every ache and pain and feel more confident in my health.I had my first bout of bc in 2003 and by the 5 year mark I thought I was bullet proof.Well bc came back 7 years later in the same spot(2010)-still classed as ebc.. I can't say I'm as confident as I was but I'm getting there.We all have to live with this bc threat now but just try not to let it take up too much space in your thoughts.I've made big changes to my life and am really enjoying myself now.Sometimes we need to make changes in order to have peace of mind and sometimes not.

Tonya xx 

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congrats on the one year mark.Yes,it's a full time job being a professional patient. It took me about 2 years to relax abit about every ache and pain and feel more confident in my health.I had my first bout of bc in 2003 and by the 5 year mark I thought I was bullet proof.Well bc came back 7 years later in the same spot(2010)-still classed as ebc.. I can't say I'm as confident as I was but I'm getting there.We all have to live with this bc threat now but just try not to let it take up too much space in your thoughts.I've made big changes to my life and am really enjoying myself now.Sometimes we need to make changes in order to have peace of mind and sometimes not.

Tonya xx 

• Maggs54
    Maggs54 Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Tonya, sorry to hear you are having to go through this horrid disease twice, I know there are a lot of ladies out there doing it tough, I have seen this first hand before as a close family member lost her fight after the BC returned after 10 yrs I think that's what is playing on my mind at the moment , hopefully as time goes on I can become a bit more relaxed about things, hope everything continues to go well for you. Xx