I feel guilty being happy

Options
adean
adean Member Posts: 1,036
edited July 2012 in General discussion

WE HAVE THE BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME thats what the surgeon said about my scans it doenst appear to be anywhere else. I let out a sound like a wounded dog and my husband still believes it was the F word. BUT I felt a sense of GUILT  to all my new friends that dont get good news, my new friend was waiting with her husband my husband just kept shaking his hand and I hugged her AND wished her luck I want her news to be good because when I see her on friday when we both have surgery I want her to be happy to. When iI rang my eldest daughter (23) she said great, can I sleep at my boyfriends tonight I said go and give him a good one and she said your disgrace mum, it made me laugh. I HOPE AS MANY PEOPLE HAVE GOOD NEWS TODAY XXXXXX

Comments

• magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    edited March 2015
    Options

No don't be guilty !!! We are all thrilled to bits for you, it's great to have good news stories, it's keeps us all UP !!!

All the best for your surgery, you celebrate my dear and enjoy every minute.

magicmum

• sheilad
    sheilad Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2015
    Options

Don't feel guilty ... feel lucky!

I was one of the lucky ones too - and I am eternally grateful ... yes I lost a boob ... but i didn't need chemo or radio therapy. (I'm not sure there are too many others that have that happy a prognosis).

Anyway, I have my life and my prosthesis (and my anastrazole) and together we shall conquer the world! -  hehe   ...  hopefully this positive approach will get me through my first day back at work tomorrow

Good luck to everyone fighting their battle

• magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    edited March 2015
    Options

My very best wishes to you for your first day back to work - how wonderful.  Get your life back, get on with things, it goes on.

:)
    Loads of love

magicmum

• Shazinoz
    Shazinoz Member Posts: 307
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good Luck for your first day back at work today - may everything run smoothly and you have a GREAT day. ?

I am off to my last chemo (YAY - cylce 6 of 6 TCH, here I come :o)