Financial Impact of Cancer

Options
Rosemary Lee
Rosemary Lee Member Posts: 6
edited October 2010 in Day to day

Hi All,

I have set up a charity Stars with Heart whose aim is to provide financial support and assistance for cancer patients (www.starswithheart.org.au).

Whilst donations would be very welcome (I won't tell you the pathetic amount we presently have in the account).

What would be brilliant would be to get some real world stories with permission to use them in the media and in publicity - so that we can generate support.  Whilst facts and figures help we need to be able to tug at the heart strings.

So please if you have had some difficulty managing the financial side of cancer and are okay with letting Stars with Heart use your story I would love it if you would email it to me at: firstgypsyrose@****.au.

I am happy to contact you before we use it and advise when and where it will be used if you like.

But the more Stars can prove this area is providing a challenge to cancer patients the more support we are likely to be able to get from politicians and the community.

I also have some fantastic Stars with Heart brochures that the Cancer Council NSW printed for us and would love to send you a stack for you to hand out around the community or to give to any medical professionals who may be prepared to leave them somewhere so that visitors can take them.  Once again the more people are aware of Stars with Hearts existence the better it is for everyone and the more chance we will be able to provide assistance when needed.

Please if you do have any questions in relations to Stars with Heart would love it if you would contact me .

I hope this finds all my amazing sisters who have fought or are fighting this disease feeling loved and supported.

Regards

Rose

Comments

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

Please let me know what your plans are, Living in a Rural community, having to travel 650k's one way, and staying away from home for 6 weeks for radiotherapy, My husband and I have a small country business, which suffered because of time away, so i think what you are doing would be a great help to people, so i am most interested in what you are setting up. please feel free to add me to your contacts, and i will help in any way i can. Regards Moira

• Rosemary Lee
    Rosemary Lee Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options

thanks so much for those incredibly kind words I have to say I have been stunned by the reaction and I have to say I was surprised as to how large the article was I was not expectig the cover and so much coverage I nearly died when I saw it and have to say was trying very hard to have my breakfast cover the picture as I was in one of my favourite local cafes and not to sure if I wanted the gay waiters whom I know very well to have seen my boobs - there is only so much a you want some people to know but they gave it the thumbs up which was lovely but I can now tell you it is a challenge to eat your bacon & eggs on a picture of your breasts :)