re viewing my private msgs

Options
georgiebz
georgiebz Member Posts: 75
edited June 2012 in Day to day

Hi all

Could any one help this rather dim blogger on how I can go back and see my private msgs....:-)

I do not seem to have the computer brain power to find them.

Thanks Georgie

Comments

• georgiebz
    georgiebz Member Posts: 75
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yet again Di to the rescue !!!

Thanks for your help Di, somedays the brain just does not do as requested......and I know that you are out there to help with the blogging/site stuff.  If brain was in gear I would have msged you direct - thanks again

Georgie

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hahaha!  No worries, Georgie.   Asking in public is a good thing, because if you have that question, it's pretty guaranteed that someone else does too.

Just like in high school, really. You know -- you ask a question and everyone else says "I'm SO glad you asked that!" :)

• LisaG
    LisaG Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Di. I have another question for you.... I would like to add a second pic to my blog in order to show Georgie what my hair looks like now but when I try to click on something in this comment box, my computer freezes... I cant find an option in my home page that will let me do this either. Any suggestions?

Georgie - did you find that private message you had sent? (or was that rad brain, ha ha)

• LisaG
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Di. I have another question for you.... I would like to add a second pic to my blog in order to show Georgie what my hair looks like now but when I try to click on something in this comment box, my computer freezes... I cant find an option in my home page that will let me do this either. Any suggestions?

Georgie - did you find that private message you had sent? (or was that rad brain, ha ha)

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lisa -- When you're in the comment box, you should see a little image at the top of the box that looks like a tree.  If you click on that, you can paste in a link to where your image is and it should show up in the box.  You have to have already uploaded to somewhere online (your facebook, or another image hosting site like flickr or photobucket) first, though as our site doesn't host images. 

Let me know if you can't get that to work, we're aware that there's some bugs currently that we're trying to iron out so more info will help.

Di

• LisaG
    edited March 2015
    Options

okay - I have this image on facebook and I clicked on the "little tree" but the information it is asking is way too technical for me! what is a "URL"?" When I went to go back and have another look, it froze my screen again! Maybe I should just get Georgie to look me up on facebook....

• LisaG
    edited March 2015
    Options

okay - I have this image on facebook and I clicked on the "little tree" but the information it is asking is way too technical for me! what is a "URL"?" When I went to go back and have another look, it froze my screen again! Maybe I should just get Georgie to look me up on facebook....

• LisaG
    edited March 2015
    Options

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lisa -- don't worry, it's all a learning curve for everyone, and this is a good place to learn new things. :)

The 'URL' is the address of the web page you're looking at (it tells your browser which page to load).  You'll see it right at the top of your browser. On our site, it always starts with http://www.bcna.org.au/....., but they're in the same place on every website. 

On facebook, keep clicking on your image, until you get to the screen where you can see that there's .jpg at the end of the URL -- that's how an image is designated.  Then highlight the URL, and  right-mouse click and copy.  Then come back here and paste it into the field you see when you click on the 'tree'.

I find it easiest to have different sites open in different tabs so its very easy to swap between them, but using the back button on your browser should work, too.

Hope that helps.

Di

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lisa -- don't worry, it's all a learning curve for everyone, and this is a good place to learn new things. :)

The 'URL' is the address of the web page you're looking at (it tells your browser which page to load).  You'll see it right at the top of your browser. On our site, it always starts with http://www.bcna.org.au/....., but they're in the same place on every website. 

On facebook, keep clicking on your image, until you get to the screen where you can see that there's .jpg at the end of the URL -- that's how an image is designated.  Then highlight the URL, and  right-mouse click and copy.  Then come back here and paste it into the field you see when you click on the 'tree'.

I find it easiest to have different sites open in different tabs so its very easy to swap between them, but using the back button on your browser should work, too.

Hope that helps.

Di