Results In

FD
FD Member Posts: 139
edited June 2012 in Health and wellbeing

Hello everyone

Finally went home today although with one drain still in. 10 days in hospital without my children was enough. I can't wait until the last drain has gone I am told possibly Monday.

My surgeon popped in to see me last night and advised my pathology was back and still all clear. He couldn't remember and tell me whether or not it was hormone receptive and the finer details but advised no invasive was found. I will get a copy when I see him on Tuesday.

Therefore I am told I will not need chemo, radio or even hormone blocking drugs. I am feeling extremely lucky (still guilty) and forever grateful to the GP who sent me for the initial mammogram.

I wish all the love and strength to everyone doing it so much tougher especially to those with ABC. I wish to thank everyone for their support and blogs that I gained strength and invaluable information from.

This site has been an incredible help to me and I really don't think I could have travelled this journey upright without it.

I plan on taking the time now to participate in any fundraising events I am able too and ensuring women hear my story so they become breast aware. I am now joining the fight to ensure we find a cure for all women suffering this terrifying disease.

Love and strength to all

Lara xx

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Dear Lara

Please don't think you have to feel guilty because your results are good.  You are lucky and blessed because you have learnt so much from this and I am sure you have grown from this but there is no need for any guilt my love.

Like Keitha said you can make a difference along with the rest of us pink sisters and get that awareness out there to check, check and double check and hopefully you can help another person along the way to be lucky.

You have to run with what you have been given, rejoice in it, live a little longer, love a little stonger, laugh a little louder and definitely give hugs to your beautiful loved ones around you a bit harder.  Well done for being so strong and travelling this rolla coaster so well.

Wishing you an easy recovery from surgery and good results on Tuesday.  You still have a way to go in your journey yet so lots of hugs for you.  Stay well.

Mich xoxo

• magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    edited March 2015

How wonderful - I know the relief you must be feeling. Be glad, don't feel guilty. I am one of the lucky ones too with clear nodes and my tumour is gone. But we are the ones who will be here to keep on fighting for recognition for those who don't have the strength to fight, or need to spend the time with their families - not writing letters or taking part in fundraising. That's what we can do, because we know what it's like. And it's always going to be there for us. We have to be vigilant for the rest of our lives now.

Enjoy your kids, have a good rest, plan some fun stuff. Spoil yourself. Live for today.

love

Keitha

• FD
    edited March 2015

Thanks girls you have again helped me more than words...

Forever grateful to my inspirational Pink Sisters

Lara xx

• FD
    edited March 2015

Hi Narelle

So glad to hear you have clear nodes and no need for chemo and radio. Bummer about your skin margin and seroma though. I hope you get them both sorted soon so you can continue moving forward and leave this cruddy BC behind. I might get my last drain out tomorrow, today was 50mls and my surgeon likes it under 50. He is really strict and padantic but probably what I need otherwise I'm sure I would have convinced him to remove it by now. I really didn't like having the last one removed as it was a revolting feeling and quite painful. I'm packing this one will be worse because it has been in even longer - I plan on taking plenty of medication prior :), I'm such a sook and big chicken. Talk soon

Lara xx

• such is life
    such is life Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015

Hi make sure they have is clampled for awhile before taking it out and that there is no suction still there before is comes out and it shouldnt hurt to much, dont worry about being a chicken you have been through a lot and tuffed it out be proud of yourself xox

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

That's great news, Lara. Hope the drain came out okay and you're free as a bird now! :)

Di

• FD
    edited March 2015

Thanks Di yes the drain came out Monday YIPPEE. Sure makes showering a lot easier. Still sore and fed up with feeling sore but just have to read a few blogs and it kicks me where I need it :) and everything is put into perspective.

Lara xx

• FD
    edited March 2015

Thanks Di yes the drain came out Monday YIPPEE. Sure makes showering a lot easier. Still sore and fed up with feeling sore but just have to read a few blogs and it kicks me where I need it :) and everything is put into perspective.

Lara xx