Home

Gayle Taylor
Gayle Taylor Member Posts: 93
edited June 2012 in Health and wellbeing

Came home monday 4th, bloods down to 14.5, They had to be under 15 before i could go, talk about a close footy score!! I feel alot better, tired at times, but much much better! Pity i have to endure it all again next week! But given i had an underlying bladder infection didnt help, and the dose of chemo shall be less next time, so hopefully that will make a difference. Im a bit peeved that the descripton i got to the side effects of this stuff was minimised! The hand out they give, and the verbal off the chemo staff is less than experienced! They need to take a few doses themselves and THEN give advise! Its ok to be feeding the weed killer into your system, but try going home and waiting for the onslaught 24-48hrs later! NOT HAPPY JAN!

Anyway, Im going to enjoy the few well days i have left, before hooking up and being wheeled over to my hospital bed on Tuesday to be monitored for 4 days or so, again! I just have to keep clicking my Ruby Red Slippers and saying, " One more to go, one more to go, one more to go..." theres no place like home.

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hi Gayle

I am glad you are home and feeling better.

Wishing you a much better cycle coming up.  At least this time they will be prepared and hopefully it will all go much smoother for you.

Sending you well wishes for your next chemo and hoping you can stay well.

I was also told Taxotere would be a lot gentler on me than my previous chemo.  They couldn't have been further from the truth.  It has been a nightmare and I live in fear every day of what I have to deal with.  I also have to keep telling myself only one more to go, only one more............  But I got to get through the onslaught from this one first.

Good luck and I am thinking of you.

Mich xoxox

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    WOW Gayle, you sure are getting it hard :-( I hope you have a lovely few days and that the next cycle treats you more gently...

Jenn
  • Gayle Taylor
    Gayle Taylor Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015

Two left, then one, and i hope its kinder to my body also. Today im flatter than paper, and my legs feel heavy, but apart from that im ok. Good luck with yours! Hugs to you, xxx