I am now a "Nude Nut"

chipmunk
chipmunk Member Posts: 280
edited June 2012 in Health and wellbeing

Hi my lovely ladies !!!

Well I have posted an updated photo, of who I am now. No hair !! and proud of it.

Oh I forgot, also with my lovely, adorable husband as well........

This is me now, no hair and feeling a whole lot better. No more "cactus spikes"

I got my head shaved totally last nite, with my husband doing all the shaving. I cried all the way through....

Thinking, who would have thought in my life-time, that I would be sitting in the bathroom shaving my head because of this s*** thing BC.

Who would have thought that I would have to lose my hair through a sickness?

But, I thought I would post my photo to let you girls know out there. WE ALL ARE BEAUTIFUL, hair or no hair......

It's what counts inside of us all that is really more truly important. Strength,courage, love and  peace within ourselves.

Keep fighting my beautiful ladies. I know I am.

Lots of hugs Julie XX

Comments

• Tania67
    Tania67 Member Posts: 112
    edited March 2015

Hey Julie,

You look awesome!!!!! My hair is just starting to grow back now. I felt the same. My 4yo daughter cut all of my hair off (with the help of a friend). You know what I love about it? The fact that get ready sooo quickly in the mornings now! Gotta find a positive somewhere huh.

Keep staying strong xxx

• Tania67
    edited March 2015

Hey Julie,

You look awesome!!!!! My hair is just starting to grow back now. I felt the same. My 4yo daughter cut all of my hair off (with the help of a friend). You know what I love about it? The fact that get ready sooo quickly in the mornings now! Gotta find a positive somewhere huh.

Keep staying strong xxx

• chipmunk
    edited March 2015

Hi Tania

So true, so true. Having a shower now is really weird. A few minutes and its over. I stand there and still reach for the shampoo... weird.

Kids are such little soldiers, they try and make you feel happy when you are sad. They say and do the cutest things.

There is a positive every day, family and friends. Wouldn't be with out them. :) They keep you on that path and lot let you stray.

Take care my honey and you to stay strong.  Julie XX

• Tania67
    edited March 2015

ha ha..yes I did the same thing with the shampoo!! The funniest thing was after my 3rd round of chemo I decided to go visit my auntie and uncle who live a few hours away. I was packing my bag with all I needed, reached into the cupboard for my hairdryer...packed it then checked I had everything. I stood there laughing out loud so much when I realised what I had done! I then popped the hairdryer back in cupboard!

• Tania67
    edited March 2015

ha ha..yes I did the same thing with the shampoo!! The funniest thing was after my 3rd round of chemo I decided to go visit my auntie and uncle who live a few hours away. I was packing my bag with all I needed, reached into the cupboard for my hairdryer...packed it then checked I had everything. I stood there laughing out loud so much when I realised what I had done! I then popped the hairdryer back in cupboard!

• chipmunk
    edited March 2015

Weird isn't it. We still worry about our hair.  hahaha The hair loss was the most tragic and unbearable thing for me to endure at the time.

But now. I feel so great. I slept so much better last nite, not waking up having spikes in my head. And tossing and turning to get a "good spot" on my head to sleep.

My head feels like a "babies bottom" smooth..........

Tragic, tragic re your hair dryer. But I had a great chuckle. I would do that to, if I had to pack a bag. But I would also be the idiot that would have packed the hair straighteners as well. Even more tragic....

Got to love our sense of humour...

• chipmunk
    edited March 2015

Weird isn't it. We still worry about our hair.  hahaha The hair loss was the most tragic and unbearable thing for me to endure at the time.

But now. I feel so great. I slept so much better last nite, not waking up having spikes in my head. And tossing and turning to get a "good spot" on my head to sleep.

Tragic, tragic re your hair dryer. But I had a great chuckle. I would do that to, if I had to pack a bag. But I would also be the idiot that would have packed the hair straighteners as well. Even more tragic....

• chipmunk
    edited March 2015

• Tania67
    edited March 2015

Oh Julie,

very very funny!!!!!!! If that does happen, you will think of me!!

• Tania67
    edited March 2015

Oh Julie,

very very funny!!!!!!! If that does happen, you will think of me!!

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015

The new photograph of you and your husband is absolutely beautiful - the love shines off the page!

Keep your wonderful strength and spirit and sense of humour going - you are a winner.  Love and hugs always,

Michelle xx

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015

The new photograph of you and your husband is absolutely beautiful - the love shines off the page!

Keep your wonderful strength and spirit and sense of humour going - you are a winner.  Love and hugs always,

Michelle xx

• justtrina
    justtrina Member Posts: 110
    edited March 2015

Hi Julie

Congratulations on your 'new' look.... your eyes shine even more.

It's been a week since I did mine and I'm slowly learning to appreciate the advantages, although I still miss having hair.  I'm using baby shampoo to wash my head (like Mich, still a few prickles)...and I thought it might be  little gentler.... not sure why. Oh and I've just gone through the bathroom and put all my 'hair stuff' in a box and stored it under the house till I need it again....  I also went shopping for 'head wear' yesterday... ended up getting the Bryon Bay Wrap that I tried on at the Look Good Feel Good Session.. I love it.. nice and warm as well as bright and cheerfull... 

Anyway.. take care ... keep smiling.

Trina

• justtrina
    edited March 2015

Hi Julie

It's been a week since I did mine and I'm slowly learning to appreciate the advantages, although I still miss having hair.  I'm using baby shampoo to wash my head (like Mich, still a few prickles)...and I thought it might be  little gentler.... not sure why. Oh and I've just gone through the bathroom and put all my 'hair stuff' in a box and stored it under the house till I need it again....  I also went shopping for 'head wear' yesterday... ended up getting the Bryon Bay Wrap that I tried on at the Look Good Feel Good Session.. I love it.. nice and warm as well as bright and cheerfull... 

Trina

• justtrina
    edited March 2015

Hi Julie

Trina