Send us your recipes!

Options
Kirsten_BCNA
Kirsten_BCNA Staff Posts: 57
edited June 2012 in Day to day

EDIT: CLOSING DATE EXTENDED! You can still send more recipes! (loving what we have so far :)

Hi all,

A couple of months ago many of you gave us quotes about 'Courage' for our Sussan affirmation cards, so we wanted to let you know about our next exciting project with Sussan.

This October we will be launching a beautiful hard cover Cook Book.  We have already received support from many celebrity chefs who want to be part of this special project and now we are looking for over 300 recipes from our members. 

Your recipes can be for any meal or special occasion.  AND!  Inspired by member feedback (and some chatter here) of "please not another spag bol", when it comes to how friends and families can help you through treatment, there will also be a chapter on healthy meals that are great to freeze! 

So, we want to invite you to submit some recipes. We can't guarantee that all submissions will be published, but we would like to publish a broad range of recipes from a variety of cultures and sources.

Some guidelines

Recipes must be of an original nature as copyright laws prevent us from using recipes from published sources [i.e. cookbooks, magazines, etc.] Original means a recipe that has been designed by you or someone who has given you permission to use their recipe -- a recipe that has been significantly altered or added to so that the process of making the recipe [method] is significantly different from the original. In other words, a recipe that you can call your own (note: submitted recipes may be altered for clarity).

We would love you to include a story that relates to the recipe you have chosen to submit -- it may be your mother's favourite Sunday lunch dessert or a salad recipe you threw together for some unexpected guest that turned out to be a regular part of your repertoire.

To submit a recipe

Just download the recipe pro-forma. Fill in the details with your recipe, and return it to us via email to:  fundraising@bcna.org.au by Friday 15th June.

Thanks everyone -- can't wait to receive your recipes!

Kirsten

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I knew there was something I needed to do.  Sorry I will do it in the next couple of days.  Still trying to sort out new house and trying to sell old house. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

I knew there was something I needed to do.  Sorry I will do it in the next couple of days.  Still trying to sort out new house and trying to sell old house. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

• Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options

Looking forward to seeing this. Sent my recipes from 3 generations via email

Carol

• Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options

Looking forward to seeing this. Sent my recipes from 3 generations via email

Carol

• Kirsten_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Carol - cant wait to see them all - it is a very exciting project I think

KP

• Kirsten_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI Sarah thanks for letting me know Di from our online team is going to try and fix it for us

But otherwise you can email me at kpilatti@bcna.org.au

With headings:

Story about the recipe

Name of recipe

Ingredients

Method

Cheers Kirsten

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sarah, here's the instructions and the headings.  Just make your own Word doc and send back to the email address:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recipe Submission Form
    Please complete the below pro forma, save as a word document and return via email to fundraising@bcna.org.au by Friday 15th June.

Recipe title:

Recipe author:

Ingredients (measurements in metric please):

Recipe history (maximum 120 words):

Recipe method:

How many people does this recipe serve?

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh, snap!  Posted twice. :)

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for all the help hopefully Kirsten received my recipe I forgot to say it will feed 6 big eaters or 8-10 smaller ! Really depends how much you like your trifle!

Sarah x

• canberragirl123
    canberragirl123 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Looking forward to this cookbook!