HBF Run for a Reason

Options
louiseg
louiseg Member Posts: 412
edited May 2012 in Health and wellbeing

A friend and I completed the HBF Run for a Reason in Perth this morning.  Other than a bit of a cold start to the day, it was wonderful!  There were so many people there (over 20,000 entrants) and each one had there reasons for participating.

I decided to do it to prove to myself that, even after having two bouts of breast cancer, you can live and enjoy life to the maximum.

I raised $525 for the Breast Cancer Network from friends and family!

Go for it Ladies if there is ever an event that you feel like participating in...we had a brilliant morning and felt great when we had finished.  We did the 4km run but there were people walking as well (all shapes and sizes and ages) and a lot of brave and fit people doing the 14km run.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

So true.  No point in stopping living - we now need to live it to the fullest.XLeonie

• Dot42
    Dot42 Member Posts: 120
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good on you Louise. Great fundraising.

Yes definitely agree to live live to the fullest and happiest.

Dot xx

• FD
    FD Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well done and thank you for taking the time to participate. Next year is my year I have decided I just pray the sun is shining as it was today. I hope I can raise as much you :) xx

• serenity11
    serenity11 Member Posts: 143
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations to you and your friends for participating.  Walk or run, the effort that many people put into just getting out there is awesome.   I am aiming to participate in something in every state with a family member next year.  Perhaps we will pass each other on the streets of Perth. See you then.

• serenity11
    serenity11 Member Posts: 143
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations to you and your friends for participating.  Walk or run, the effort that many people put into just getting out there is awesome.   I am aiming to participate in something in every state with a family member next year.  Perhaps we will pass each other on the streets of Perth. See you then.

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well done for finishing the distance and raising so much money.

love Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well done for finishing the distance and raising so much money.

love Tonya xx