Arty crafty types?

Options
Di_BCNA
Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
edited May 2012 in Day to day

Hi all,

I've been hearing so many of you mention that you love art, or craft, or photography. In one of my (many!) past lives I studied Fine Art, so it's a not-so-secret passion of mine, too!

Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea if we set up an arty/crafty types group for everyone to share inspiration and ideas, successes... No need to be an expert, or for anything more than an interest in sharing.

What do you think?  Anyone interested?

Let me know by PM or in comments.

Di

Comments

• Shazinoz
    Shazinoz Member Posts: 307
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sounds like a good idea, to me - share photos of projects, get help if stuck etc.

Great especially for those who are house bound due to chemo or surgery etc, to still have this outlet, and somewhere to chare it and get help if needed.

• Shazinoz
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sounds like a good idea, to me - share photos of projects, get help if stuck etc.

Great especially for those who are house bound due to chemo or surgery etc, to still have this outlet, and somewhere to chare it and get help if needed.

• chemostyle
    chemostyle Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options

Di,

Suggest that the group set up some kind of flickr account for pic reference. I believe in picture says a thousand word! Ps Will bcna site host pics in the future updates?

Tanya, How r ya?

Chrs Amy

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options

yes please - is there a good way for us to share images though? Sounds like a great idea.

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Okay, sounds like it's a goer.   Yes, I agree, sharing pics is important, so I can set up a Flickr account for the group to upload pics to (good suggestion, Amy).  Once they're uploaded there, it's pretty easy to share into our network.   Dan, I would love to see some of your poetry!

Anyone have any ideas for a group name?  I bet one of you can do better than  'Arty crafty types', which is all my brain has come up with. :)

• Shazinoz
    edited March 2015
    Options

Crafty sista's.

Crafty Sisters

Crafty Pink Sisters

That is all I can come up with (I blame it on chemo brain)

• DansBoobs
    DansBoobs Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Di, I've written a couple on my other blog.

http://www.dansboobsrevolt.blogspot.com.au/?m

D x

• DansBoobs
    DansBoobs Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Di, I've written a couple on my other blog.

http://www.dansboobsrevolt.blogspot.com.au/?m

D x

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Love the way you write, Dan, and your poetry is especially gorgeous.  I don't have a poetic bone in my body, but I console myself with the fact that I can paint up a storm! ;)

(ps. Bear Gryls is a fixture in my house, too :)

Di xxx

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

Im in Di i am a member of the local Jamieson craft group. i do knitting / crotcheting / poetry / and love taking photo's. i have done things for the guardian angels which is sent to orphans and needy kids and also just before i got cancer made 88 bags with toys and books etc for the children in monash medical with CF and Cancer , they were for their medical items some had colouring in books etc in them . i got donated and the local op shop donated toy's which i washed and sterilized then put into the bags i made small hugging pillows with a message of love and hope on them. this began as my 11 yr old grand daughter has border line Cf which we hope when she hits puberty wont go full blown. 

i am happy to make thing to raise money too????????

in October instead of a mini field of women i am going to hold a mega pink day and every one has to dress in full on mega pink clothes we will have pink cupcakes for sale and morning tea, i am going to make pink paper butterflies and angels which people can buy for a dollar and pin to a sheet on the wall as a rememberance or to acknowledge some one with BC or Mets and then i will donate the funds to Monash research into mets, so will keep you posted.

• Shazinoz
    edited March 2015
    Options

Fran,

My Mum used to make hand made teddy bears, and there was one small design she use to make with the blue and yellow cancer council colour hats, she called the daffodil bears, when she sold these a portion of the profit she donated to the Cancer council for Cancer research (she would make these a her Oncology, medical appointments, while having chemo, traveling or at home).

I think it is a great idea, and good on you for making the kids bags to keep them occupied and comfortable during hospital visits for those kids who spend a LOT of time in hosptial (CF and Cancer kids).

I hope your daughter does NOT develop CF when she goes through puberty (it maust be hard for you all, like a time bomb that you are waiting to see if it is live or a dud).

I like your October plans too, very original.

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am happiest when I am making or growing something but at the moment I feel as if I have too many projects to finish.  Maybe when I am an old lady!!!!!!!!! Don't worry I am sure to change my mind as I don't like missing out.  My daughters call me FOMO (Fear of missing out).  I will keep a watchful eye on what's happening. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am happiest when I am making or growing something but at the moment I feel as if I have too many projects to finish.  Maybe when I am an old lady!!!!!!!!! Don't worry I am sure to change my mind as I don't like missing out.  My daughters call me FOMO (Fear of missing out).  I will keep a watchful eye on what's happening. XLeonie

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm abit like you Leonie -yeh but no but!! It really is full on when you move house.I have completed 1 courtyard garden and now have another courtyard area to do.I'm aching all over from digging and lugging bags of mulch. I go to art therapy on a Tuesday and love it.I probably wouldn't do it at home cos I look around and see all the jobs that need doing.Ofcourse the other reason is my so called hobby room has been taken over by certain family members. I'm thinking of claiming the formal dining room as my "corner".

love Tonya xx

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Shazina it isnt my daughter but my granddaughter, she is doing okay at the moment has had alot of hospital time and prone to colds but she is a real battler, givesa me inspiration, her CF isnt full blown YET but the Dr's think once she hits puberty it could happen fingers crossed she just stay's border line. she is 12 this year.