Mothers Day

Options
Tania67
Tania67 Member Posts: 112
edited May 2012 in Day to day

I want to start by saying happy mum's day to all of you pink mummys.

My day started with my beautiful 4yo waking me with...Happy mothers day mum...I drawed you a picture...Priceless!!!

The rest of the day was my family coming to "my" house for lunch. I had to clean up and get ready for them.....then my brother went out to buy lunch from the chicken shop. Then my family let me do the rest of the work...set up...clean up. When they all left I couldn't help myself...and said to them all. Thanks for coming and thanks for leaving it all up to me. I really need to stop being so surprised when they do this.

Their reaction to this was...what...what do you want us to do....can we clean up...can we do this..do that...this all as they are walking out the door!!!!

Arrrrgggghhhhh. Support in my family I lack. I am trying very very hard to not let this all make me sad.....I think the chamagne is helping me stay happy.

Then as I am cleaning up..i see that mum has left her mother's day card on the floor. Guess it dont mean that much to her. I feel like ringing her and saying ..... do you realise mum, that just could have been your last mother's day card from me.

I have told my whole family that there will be no birthday presents or any presents for that matter while I am going through this journey. Mortgage is on hold...bills need to be paid. This is the life of a single mum. So I justify that if I cant pay my mortgage....I cant buy presents. So when I bought this card...it meant alot to me. My daughter just came up to me as I am typing this...saying..mum...mum....nana forgot her card.

I need to keep reminding myself that expectations breed disappointment. When will I learn!

I just dont know how to express to my family that I need more from them. Even after I have asked them for more help. Told them how I am struggling. You would think after the last 5 months (my journey) they would get it. They don't

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tania

You poor luv.  Sounds to me like you have been the strong one that your family has relied on so they just assume you will keep on being there and doing this for them.  It is hard to understand what other people/family/friends etc. are feeling.  As you say don't have toooo many expectations cause then you can't get hurt by them. 

It is a shame about the card but you know how important it was to you and that is the main thing.  I hope you can continue to stay strong "for you and your beautiful child".  I wish I could flick a magic wand for you and make your family understand what you are going through and how you are feeling.  If I could, I would.

I wish there was more we could do for you.  You will need to rely more on Cancer Council, Local Comminity, breast centre, breast nurses and anyone else that is able to offer you support financially, physically and mentally.  They are out there you just need to find them and I wish you so much luck in doing this.

LOL

Mich xo

• DansBoobs
    DansBoobs Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That sucks Tania I'm so sorry for you. I guess the main thing is to enjoy being a mother to your child and stuff the rest of them! Some people are blind and selfish and just don't get it. I don't you will ever change it, just make it work in your favour and Make sure functions are at their place!
    Big hugs lovey
    Dan x
  • Tania67
    Tania67 Member Posts: 112
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks girls

xxxxx