Happy Mother's Day

Options
Sarah 51
Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
edited May 2012 in Day to day

Life is just great! I realised I hadn't written a blog on here for a long time so thought it was time to share what I've been up to.

Best News is last Thurs saw my surgeon who after his 6 monthly feel of my left breast ,prodding of my right chest wall and looking at my mammo and u/s declared me all clear. Yes 2 years already.

Today I walked 4kms in the MDC with some of my fellow Dragon Boat Paddlers. It was at the MDC last year when I was bald and fat that I met Del who got me involved in paddling and so much has happened since then. I also joined the gym a few weeks ago as I promised myself I would recover in the first year and get fit in my second year after BC.

I have met so many wonderful women in the last year who have all travelled their BC journeys and feel proud to stand with them.

Wishing all you lovely ladies a Happy Mother's Day

Love Sarah x

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations and well done Sarah, you are definitely an inspiration for a lot of us Newbies to look up to.

Keep it up.

Stay well, happy, healthy and live life to the full.

Mich xo

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I hope to see you at a Regatta some day.  Who do you paddle with?  I am with the Rockhampton Dragonboaters.  Keep on enjoying your life. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

I hope to see you at a Regatta some day.  Who do you paddle with?  I am with the Rockhampton Dragonboaters.  Keep on enjoying your life. XLeonie

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI Leonie

Would be great to see you at a regatta. Coming up we have the one in July at TIn Can Bay probably a bit far for you. We are also taking part in the DAA part of the mastersPan Pacs in November on the Gold Coast. Will you be at DAA regatta in Kawana in Sept? Was good fun last year except for the awful weather!! I also went for my first Chinese New Year in Darling Harbour this year which I found a very uplifting event. At Sydney we had a composite QLD team made up with our team, some Bribie Island, Brisbane River Dragons and Townsville ladiers and we made the grand final !

I just love being in the boat with so many awesome ladies and has become a very big part of my life after BC.

Love Sarah x

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sarah,  Not sure what the Club has on the Agenda.  I know I did get a list of upcoming events.  We started out as a cancer and supporters group and recently changed over to a sporting group.  The idea being to build up our numbers so that we could stay on the water.  We have quite a few ladies still under treatment, or too sick to paddle.  We have got a few more recruits and have started to train each week.  Maybe we might even be a threat on the water some day!!!  We paddle under QBDF.  Keep on enjoying the paddling - it really helps my arm that suffers from lymphodema. XLeonie