Anyone else sick and tired of these darn people spamming

Options
Shazinoz
Shazinoz Member Posts: 307
edited April 2012 in Day to day

I know this is OFF topic, But...

Is ANYONE else sick and tired of these darn people advertising there crap/ spamming on here. I know I have not been a member for long, but I have come across about 10+ adverts in this time and it is driving me NUTS.

Poor Di etc must get SICK AND TIRED of having to delete and block these spammers who seem hell bent on filling this wonderful site with spam.

This is NOT the fault of this site, but of these people who find it necessary to advertise there Cr@p and spam the hell out of this wonderful site.

I report the ones I find and have just started to send them strongly worded PM's as well, telling them how disgusted I am with them, for filling our site with these stupid adverts/spam that we don't want. Telling them that this site is a safe place for people who have/ had or are related/ friends of those with breast cancer, and that it is SO VERY innaporpriate to advertise there stupid stuff on this site.

I know it probably wont make a differece but I REALLY HOPE that I make at least one of them feel guilty, because they deserve it.

There is a HUGE difference between having someone on this site mention a site that has been helpful to them (like the great hat, headwear sites I found the other day listed here, and other websites) and these people who want to advertise there own cr@p/ spam that has NOTHING to do with this site, or the people on it.

Sorry for the rant - but it p#sses me off...