Insurance claims denied

Options
sgatotrinidad
sgatotrinidad Member Posts: 1
edited March 2012 in Day to day

Has anybody experienced having denied of insurance claims because the diagnosis on both breasts was only "Intermediate Nuclear Grade Ductal Carcinoma in Situ"?

I was diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer and had mastectomies (both breasts) last Sep 2011. I had a Women Health Plan which I have been paying since 1993. The plan covers for any cancers in reproductive organs for women. I filed a claim for breast cancer but was denied because the cancer has not spread to surrounding tissue.

Was so annoyed and frustrated but would like to hear if others had similar experiences.

Thanks.

Comments

• Mechell
    Mechell Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there, im like OMG about this, Ive never heard of such a thing and I just had to say so ,, sounds like the dodgy QSLD flood Ins, ppl,,,,, I just got private through iSelect and they put me on to AHM, just basic Hospital as I am having reconstruction done,, the hospital was more expensive than everything else!

im sorry I cant help, I have never heard of this but have you tried consumer Affair about this?

good luck, mechell

• Mechell
    Mechell Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there, im like OMG about this, Ive never heard of such a thing and I just had to say so ,, sounds like the dodgy QSLD flood Ins, ppl,,,,, I just got private through iSelect and they put me on to AHM, just basic Hospital as I am having reconstruction done,, the hospital was more expensive than everything else!

im sorry I cant help, I have never heard of this but have you tried consumer Affair about this?

good luck, mechell