TAMOXIFEN

Options
Mechell
Mechell Member Posts: 51
edited March 2012 in Health and wellbeing

I see for quite a few ladies, they are stopping Tamoxifen to try pregnancy,, I have been considering stopping to lose weight because I have been a good girl and done everything I was told from the get-go but the weight gain is just depressing and Im sick of it, Thought if I stopped for 4-6wks, surely it wouldnt do any harm, then get back on hopefully with a better metabolism?? Has anyone tried this?? Or all think better of it?? If they are doing it to get pregnant, then surely it wont matter a few weeks to lose some of these kilos,,,,,

Comments

• Mechell
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Liz,

thanks for your input. I went to my Onc on the Friday and spoke with him in detail about it,, he agrees that (as we know) one of the causes of BC is being overweight in itself and my cholestrol was up, never had that before,, so we struck a deal to go off them till the end of May, with him going through all the risks etc and I am to be beaten with a stick if I havent lost weight, lol, sez he!!

I am one week off now and am more motivated, walk as soon as i get out of bed and then on my tready in the arvos,, I had given it up because all I was doing was maintaining the weight I was,, which will be good when I get back to my wardrobe size!! I too buy fresh as I can, it just hasnt been enough,, so will just have the break and see how I go,, I know im going to do well,, and it was only a 2% above the 1 in 8 of getting BC by not taking it AT ALL, but as I say, Ive had nearly a year,, go back on them end of May,,

1st thing I noticed was I have the joint pain back in my hands, it canes,, only in the mornings though, apart from that no difference and the hot flushes HAVENT disappeared,, daing it, lol

Keep you posted, my usual weight is 15 kilos away, so even if I get rid of 10 I'll be happier,,

Peace and Light, mechell

• Mechell
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Liz,

thanks for your input. I went to my Onc on the Friday and spoke with him in detail about it,, he agrees that (as we know) one of the causes of BC is being overweight in itself and my cholestrol was up, never had that before,, so we struck a deal to go off them till the end of May, with him going through all the risks etc and I am to be beaten with a stick if I havent lost weight, lol, sez he!!

I am one week off now and am more motivated, walk as soon as i get out of bed and then on my tready in the arvos,, I had given it up because all I was doing was maintaining the weight I was,, which will be good when I get back to my wardrobe size!! I too buy fresh as I can, it just hasnt been enough,, so will just have the break and see how I go,, I know im going to do well,, and it was only a 2% above the 1 in 8 of getting BC by not taking it AT ALL, but as I say, Ive had nearly a year,, go back on them end of May,,

1st thing I noticed was I have the joint pain back in my hands, it canes,, only in the mornings though, apart from that no difference and the hot flushes HAVENT disappeared,, daing it, lol

Keep you posted, my usual weight is 15 kilos away, so even if I get rid of 10 I'll be happier,,

Peace and Light, mechell