Chemo whilst travelling

MauiG
MauiG Member Posts: 1
We are about to start chemotherapy soon but am also wanting to travel around the east coast as much as possible during the next 6 months
Has anyone had their chemo administered in different locations/states?
Is this even practical? 

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,444
    I have not travelled while having chemo but sounds like something you need to discuss with your oncologist as you would need their support. Where are you having your treatment? If it is through somewhere like icon they have centres around Australia so it may be possible.

The only issue for you is how you respond to chemo. Some people are ok. I was mostly ok but a few rounds were very hard and my side effects required my oncologist help to manage them. Hence talk to your oncologist about this. Best wishes for your treatment.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,469
    It is possible but needs to be very well planned with no flexibility.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,427
    If you know what your chemotherapy regime is, it may be possible to plan. I had four rounds, one every three weeks, but the next 12 rounds were weekly, which is much harder to accommodate if you are moving. 

The major issue is how you react to chemo. As @Cath62 says, some people are fine, I was. But some are not, some have cycles of good and bad days and some may have weeks of being really unwell. You should be able to detect a pattern quite quickly, so plan A and plan B! Best wishes.