Pathology report

melzzs
melzzs Member Posts: 48
Hi everyone
 I am wanting to know how I can get my pathology report from my operation ? 
Even though I am starting to heal ,I don't seem to have any support in my treatment from the hospital 
Thanks 

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 8,056
    Hi @melzzs ...your surgeon's office should be able to just email you a pdf copy.

If you aren't up to speaking with the office, maybe ask your Breast Care Nurse to do it on your behalf xx

I hope your recovery is going well xx

take care & don't do too much.

• melzzs
    Hi,Arpie
    I called the breast nurse,today who spoke to the surgeon and she then cslled me back, they don't give it to patients (me) it only gets sent off to my docter who referred me,so they wouldn't send it to me
      I am booked to see my GP next Tuesday so hopefully I will get a copy then
    Thankyou🤗

• melzzs
    I find if I sit down for a while I start feeling better pain not bad ,hoping to be back at work next Monday for a 3 hr shift in a nursing home, 
    Thanks Arpie
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 8,056
    OK ... excellent - yep, once you see your GP (who should tell you what is in your surgeon's report too) then THEY should give you a printed copy of the Pathology Report (and you may as well ask for a printed copy of the Surgeon's report too.)

Re going back to work - just be VERY CAREFUL about NO LIFTING, PUSHING OR PULLING heavy things (or people!). You don't want to cause any damage.  It takes a while for the internal stuff to 'heal' ..... you should only be on light duties for a while. ;) 

take care & make haste SLOWLY. ;) 
  • melzzs
    OK I will be careful thankyou 🤗🙃😀
  • melzzs
    That's great thanks byo_boy
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi @melzzs
    I asked for a copy of my pathology report from oncologist.
    She looked surprised but gave it to me - I got the idea from this forum.
    IIf you can get it from your GP well and good but you definately are entitled to it .
  • melzzs
    Hi,I I have an appointment with a radiologist oncologist on the 7th I will try again then,it really makes it hard to have to go to the doctor just to get the pathology report,I haven't an income coming atm so its hard money wise,I will need my wound under my arm looked at as well 
    Thanks for the advice 🙂
  • GorgyS
    GorgyS Member Posts: 135
    Hi @melzzs
    I have never received any pathology reports from my oncologist, only from my GP. None of my cancer-related pathology reports are available on My Health Record, so I have to go through my GP. I have all the copies. 
  • Katie46
    Katie46 Member Posts: 194
    I asked for a copy from my surgeon, and while he didn't give me the pathology report (I think he would have if I  had insisted) he gave me a copy of the letter he sent to my oncologist which included my diagnosis, and the details of my surgery which he thought would be more useful. I was happy with that.
  • melzzs
    Hi,Katie,that's good you were able to get your results,I will keep trying hopefully next Tuesday I will have them in my hands😉
  • melzzs
    Thanks Gorgys
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,427
    Interesting. My breast surgeon gave me (unasked) the pathology report on my breast surgery, the report on my seroma surgery a year later and even on the mole and a couple of other lumps he removed. I appreciate not wanting to cause unnecessary or unpleasant alarm, but it’s my body. I have had to specifically ask for bone density scan reports though (never refused but clearly not the norm). 
  • melzzs
    Hi,Everyone !!just got my pathology results thankyou they were in Mygov