My Surgeon tells me see you in 6 months

melzzs
melzzs Member Posts: 48
Hi,everyone!!
surgeon says my operation went very well all clear margins see me in 6 months, to everyone here who has supported me through a nightmare I thought I would never recover from thankyou,thankyou  xx I have made such lovely friends here that I care for so very much I know what I will be doing to raise monies for to this amazing support network 
Melissa xxx

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 8,056
    edited September 20
    That's terrific news, @melzzs .... you can rest easy tonight & maybe have a small celebration .... 

Did you get a copy of the pathology report - good to keep it in your files (I've got mine in a BIG BOX!!)   

Do you know if you will be seeing a Radiation oncologist as well as a Medical Oncologist?

That initial diagnosis always hits us like a sledge hammer .... but once your surgery is completed & good results - a big weight is lifted off your shoulders xx

Be careful when driving around if there are bumpy roads in your area .... the jarring of your breast can still hurt for a while yet xx  (In the early days, post op, I hugged a small cushion to prevent jarring .... as my roads are really terrible!)

take care & all the best xx

• melzzs
    edited September 20
    Thankyou, Arpie,, I forgot to get my pathology reports but I will make sure my docter gets me a copy,I have an appointment to see a radiologist on the 7th Oct at Maroondah 
  • melzzs
    I have an appointment with radiologist oncologist 
  • melzzs
    My cousin has asked me this
    Your clear? My reply well yes,
    cousin asks then why Radio ?
  • melzzs
    I haven't appointment with a medical oncologist?
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,469
    Radio Onco will prob give you the option to have radio to clear up any possibly escaped cells. Make sure you ask what the reoccurrence percentage differences are with having or not having. Mine made no difference so I chose not to have it. Mine did come back but in a different spot.
  • melzzs
    Hi,how are you going? is the new under Control, I worry about it returning too,Good advice thankyou blossom 1961
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,469
    @melzzs I started a new line of treatment and will find out in two weeks if it is working or not. The Onco is cautiously optimistic as the brain mets that wasn't radioed has disappeared as per MRI report. The CT and Petscan will give a clear indication on the other mets as to whether we can happy dance or not.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 2,067
    Dear @melzzs,

Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • melzzs
    Hi Jennyss,thankyou I still have a lot to think about I have radio coming up,too
     I think I will be doing things (work) differently not getting to the point of exhaustion doing more of the things I love 
    How are things with you?
  • melzzs
    Best of luck Blossom, with your new treatment ❤
    I hope it all goes well for you
    I have appointment with a radio oncologist coming up this area is also all new to me,I find meeting all of you so very helpful I am so grateful for such awesome advice
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,710
    Hi @melzzs
    Do you now know the type of breast cancer you're being treated for?

https://www.bcna.org.au/resource-hub/articles/radiotherapy/

The link above is from the BCNA website and should help your understanding of Radiotherapy 

Take care
  • melzzs

• melzzs
    Hi isabrown I believe DCIs and remove a nodule here is what the surgeon gave me to explain it