Hi All

Options
Lynno
Lynno Member Posts: 4
edited March 2012 in Day to day

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007 and I am now starting to feel I haven't dealt with what I went through! I cry for no reason and I think I pushed that I had cancer to the back of my mind and now it has come back to haunt me.

I would like to chat with others who have had the same feelings and ask how they dealt with all the things after the cancer. I sometimes feel bad because I can't handle these feelings myself but I think I have hung onto them for too long.

I had 6 sessions of chemo and 33 doses of radiotherapy and I am on Tamoxifen which has sent me into hot flashes.

Appreciate any help or just to chat

Comments

• Lynno
    Lynno Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam

Thanks so much for replying i am so glad i joined to be able to chat with people that have or are going through the same thing is a real comfort. I just never thought that after all the treatment that there was so much more to cancer than you read, weight gain, lost of sexual feelings & flushes aren't they just the best thing :0). I don't normaly pour my heart out but i have held onto these feelings for way to long.

• LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lynno. I read your post but haven't read the responses so I hope I'm not being repetetive. I was also diagnosed in 2007, had 6x chemo and a month's worth of radio. No tamoxofin for me though. I fell in a heap a few years down the track...seemingly out of the blue...and went onto antidepressants. People talk of how proud of themselves they are to come off such medication but I think that sends out a negative message. It's not harmful to be on them so if they work at making a person feel more able to cope in life then they are worth being on. I have no intention of coming off mine.

It's amazing that a little pill can just make things seem so much clearer.

Good luck to you, whatever you may choose to do, or not to do. Just chatting to some of us here and realising that you're not alone might be helpful. It's a great starting point anyway. XXX