First 4 cycles of AC/DC done. One step at the time makes me feel like a Winner.

priya_09
priya_09 Member Posts: 9
Hi All, Hope everyone is doing great here and managing the side effects well. 
I completed my 4 cycles of the AC/Dc combo package and will start with the 12 cycles of weekly taxol from mid September. 
Luckily for me the red devil was not too bad apart from I have lost complete taste Nd my hair is gone . The nausea and minor reflux issues were managed well with medication and fatigue was also ok for me. I was constipated though and needed coloxyl. 
Can you all share your experiences with taxol. I can make a list of what to expect and atleast be mentally prepared. I am returning to part time work from 1st October and hoping to get some experiences as how work can be managed?
The support and stories give a lot of encouragement 

Thanks
Priya

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,969
    Well done @priya_09 .... wishing you all the best for your ongoing treatment xx

take care

• Katie46
    Katie46 Member Posts: 174
    Hi @priya_09, congratulations on finishing your AC treatment 🥳 I found the paclitaxel easier than the AC, and went back to work 2 days a week. I work in an office and enjoyed being back at work doing something normal.

Like AC, side effects vary, if you read the post Struggling Through Chemo you'll see a bunch of us went through it recently, with some similar and some different side effects.

I had terrible mouth ulcers around dose 8 and I had one session delayed, and the last 4 doses reduced by 30%. I did all the recommended things, but unfortunately I still got ulcers. Medication and the break fixed the problem, but if you do start getting ulcers let your oncologist know.

All the best for your next phase of treatment, most people do find this one easier.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 2,054
    Dear @priya_09,
    I undertook chemo seven years ago and lost my hair. I've had short hair ever since - a number 6 buzz cut! 

for your ongoing treatment from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Paris_24
    Paris_24 Member Posts: 35
    @priya_09 congratulations on getting through the AC and that you keep moving forward.  I finished the Taxol two weeks ago was determined and made all 12 sessions in full.  I am not back at work though and won’t until 2025.  Keep up good food, rest and vitamins/medications.  As Katie mentioned Taxol is kinder on the body.  You already know what to with side effects should they pop up.  My taxol was delivered over two hours to reduce any reactions, only had tingly feet once or twice during the infusion.  I also had/have a chemo rash on arms and face.   Be alert for the peripheral neuropathy in hands and feet I found it happened mainly towards the end (round 6/7).  Good luck and keep us posted on how you go. 😊