Happy Birthday to ME

Options
BirdGirl
BirdGirl Member Posts: 37
edited March 2012 in Day to day

Well today I turn 39...and in honour my hair has started to fall out. Ironic, but not unexpected. As my mum tells me, it is a sign of 'rebirth'. I am going back to the way that I entered the world all those years ago!

Otherwise I am feeling very happy and grateful to be celebrating this special day in my life. I am catching up with friends for coffee and cake today and celebrating at home with my family tomorrow. It should be a great couple of days.

I have decided to take up a new hobby, photography, and have ordered a new digital camera for my birthday.  My mother has also recently purchased a camera so we are going to take up this new pursuit together. There are so many naturally beautiful places in and around Cairns that we will be spoilt for choice as to what we shoot! I promise to add some photos as I go.

Round two of chemo next Wednesday, so expect to be off the air for a little while after that. In some ways I am not so frightened this time around as I feel more prepared for what lies ahead. But I really only felt rotten for about a week before I came 'good' and felt human again. Since then I have been out and about and getting on with life as best I can.

Wishing you all good health and happiness.

Natalie :)

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Have a great couple of days Natalie.So far so good with the chemo ay. I got a cannon slr digital camera for Christmas and am still trying to figure it all out before I leave for Europe next Sunday week. It will be lovely to share photography with your mum- you can help each other.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Have a great couple of days Natalie.So far so good with the chemo ay. I got a cannon slr digital camera for Christmas and am still trying to figure it all out before I leave for Europe next Sunday week. It will be lovely to share photography with your mum- you can help each other.

Tonya xx

• Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi BirdGirl,

Happy Birthday for today!  Mine is on Monday, but I am turning 51.  Good Luck with the rest of your treatment.  I felt that time flew and now I am recovering after all the active treatment and feeling pretty happy.

Julia

• Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi BirdGirl,

Happy Birthday for today!  Mine is on Monday, but I am turning 51.  Good Luck with the rest of your treatment.  I felt that time flew and now I am recovering after all the active treatment and feeling pretty happy.

Julia

• Annie Gayed
    Annie Gayed Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Natalie,

A big happy birthday from all the ladies in the BCNA office! I too love photography and like to spend weekends pottering around Melbourne taking photos :)

• Annie Gayed
    Annie Gayed Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Natalie,

A big happy birthday from all the ladies in the BCNA office! I too love photography and like to spend weekends pottering around Melbourne taking photos :)