Mirena coil removal for triple negative breast cancer

Options
shettys
shettys Member Posts: 1 New Member
Hi is it essential to remove mirena coil before chemo ? I have triple negative Ca breast.it is not hormone dependent. I am getting conflicting information. One consultant said its not urgent to remove and the other consultant said remove before chemo. Im not keen to remove currently.i will do after 3-4 cycles as i will have menopause by side effects of chemo drugs. Currently, i dont want to asd this to my stress of of heavy periods and start of chemo. Please advise.

Comments

• Sheri
    Sheri Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi shettys I too have a mirena in and I have hormone positive breast cancer and am starting Chemo on Monday.  My oncologist said not to take it out at this stage as you don't want to be dealing with heavy periods on top of other side effects.  God luck with everything.
  • Katie46
    Katie46 Member Posts: 83
    Options
    I have hormone positive breast cancer and my surgeon and oncologist both wanted the mirena removed. I had it taken out before chemo. I was afraid of getting heavy periods, but after 4 cycles of AC and 2 of paclitaxel I haven't had a period. 
  • flick88
    flick88 Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Options
    I have hormone positive breast cancer and I had my mirena removed when I got diagnosed. I was trying to find answers and read hormonal IUD could have contributed a slight increased risk to getting BC. Personal choice because I wanted it out of my system, I never liked having it. I am booked in to see my Gynaecologist next week and through the phone she seem to suggest getting it out was a good idea.