Coping with perimenopause and menopause .

Options
Milly21
Milly21 Member Posts: 122
edited February 27 in Newly diagnosed
I had idc 6 years ago ,I took tamoxifen for 6 years,I’m not taking now,had usual symptoms taking tamoxifen,but now I’m off it I’m in nature perimenopause I’d say as I’m 48 and have all the symptoms,obviously I can’t take hrt or I presume a lot of natural estrogen supplements, thinking of going to doctors as have terrible insomnia as well,just wondering if anyone has had anything that has helped? I do the usual recommended things,I exercise enough,eat well,feeling very down,which no sleep isn’t helping,currently trying melatonin,not sure it’s made much difference 
Tagged:

Comments

• Aska
    Aska Member Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi @Milly21
    I'm currently on tamoxifen and have been having acupuncture to help with hot flushes.  It works for that but an aside is I also sleep better following a session. Worth a try. 

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Hi @Aska - So pleased for you.  I had acupuncture for hot flushes many years ago and found the same.  Acupuncture is my 'go to' for all sorts of issues.
  • Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 876
    Options
    Hi @Milly21 you may like to watch out webcast recording 

Ask the Expert: Menopause – It’s more than a hot flush!

• PrisMay1
    PrisMay1 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    There’s a lot of conversation happening in the US about denying breast cancer survivors HRT and the impact that it has on their overall health and quality of life. It’s about weighing up for yourself the risk of a recurrence and the impact of menopause on your quality of life. Check out Estrogen Matters on Insta or Facebook.