Non-alcoholic drinks that are not gross? šŸ˜„

Options
Friedeggs
Friedeggs Member Posts: 16 āœ­
Ā Hi folks - Thought it might be good to revive this topic pre-festive season.Ā šŸŽ„
šŸ¤¶

Anyone have recommendations for non-alcoholic beers and wines?Ā 

I've only tried non-alcoholic beers, as they seem to better mimic real beer. I quite likeĀ Heaps Normal - Peroni Nastro Azzurro is OK, and not a fan of Carlton Zero, Heineken Zero or James Squire Zero.

The last time I tried a non-alcoholic wine it felt like a pointless slightly yucky excercise. So I'll occasionally have a glass of the real stuff.Ā 

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374 āœ­
    Options
    Peroni is also my zero beer of choice but so far wines are a bit of a disappointment. I keep
    going back to Edenvale as least objectionable (I am a big fan of Geisen but find their Zero offering undrinkable) so if anyone has better suggestions I am all ears!Ā 
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,127 āœ­
    Options
    Hi @Friedeggs
    I have tried many non alcoholic drinks and here is my
    conclusion:

non alcoholic beers are good - I donā€™t drink beer but my husband does
    non alcoholic still wines I have yet to find one Ā I likeĀ 
    non alcoholic sparkling there are some good ones but they are not cheap IĀ Ā quite like Lyres - their white rum goes great in a mojito and I donā€™t mind a gin and tonic with their Londons Dry Spirit
    there is a great supplier ā€œ sans drinksā€ they are based in Sydney but may deliver elsewhere.

Ā 

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279 āœ­
    Options
    I like the non alcoholic beer and my preference is Asahi or Peroni.Ā  I have heard Naked Life cocktails are good so about to try them. You can buy online but some of these are found in the supermarkets. Sparlings seem good. I had a glass of the Edenvale yesterday.

Wines are a bit harder but this white at Dan Murphy's and shared it with a friend. We both thought it was the best white we have tried. The reviews were good.Ā 

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593 āœ­
    edited December 2023
    Options

My DIL has been trying various non alcoholic mixes over the last 2 years & has settled on a couple of Gin Varieties .....Ā 

She says that almost all the "non alcoholic" wine/beer/spirits that she's seen, still say in the small print that they contain "less than .5% alcohol", so they often contain a 'little' bit of alcohol .....and it looks like the Minchinbury Sav Blanc (in the gold bandĀ at the bottom of the label) says "Contains no more than 0.5% alc/vol"Ā  Ā :(Ā  Ā 

Ā 

There's a brand which is zero % called "Ecology & Co" - non alcoholic spirits/gin etc.Ā Ā 

https://ecologyandco.com.au/

She's also tried Seedlip, it's really nice and is zero%.Ā  Ā 

https://www.seedlipdrinks.com/en-au/Ā 

She uses regular mixers with them & enjoys it.

You really need to look at the small print though.Ā  She hasn't tried many wines that she's liked ....Ā 

Here's a kiwi link that may be helpful (if they are available in Aussie!)

https://www.theurbanlist.com/nz/a-list/non-alcoholic-drinks-nz