Chemo

Options
riss81
riss81 Member Posts: 29
Hi all I have stage 1 tripple neg. Going to start chemo very soon . Curious to know what others have done to keep them selfs healthy whilst on treatment.  I have to kids 3 and 5 and I'm so scared of chemo fever 
Thanks all for listening. 

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,378
    Options
    It’s very hard to know how anyone will react to chemo before they start. Some people react badly and almost immediately, others have very limited adverse reactions. Exercise and healthy eating can help. Your immune system may be affected but others find that they are not prone to infections, with not so much as a sniffle. You’ll get a general idea within the first two or three weeks, there may be a pattern of good/bad days between each treatment. Best wishes for an easy run. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,602
    Options
    Hi @riss81 - sorry to see you join our 'exclusive' club .... but ask away .... any query you have, we'll do our best to answer it for you xx

Have you joined the Triple Negative private group?  You can ask questions there with 100% privacy ..... 

Everyone's chemo journey is different - but I'd suggest that you keep a written diary of your experiences .....   Sometimes you'll feel a tad 'whacked' a few days after your chemo sessions - you should notice a 'pattern' after a few sessions. xx  Drink plenty of water after each session - and if you are up to it, keep up some limited exercise too.  It would be a good idea to wear a mask when/if people visit you, just in case. There is a lot of covid going around again now & you don't want to catch it! xx.

Your Onc & the Onc nurses will be able to tell you when you are 'most susceptible' to catching bugs ......

I hope you have a strong friend & family network to help you get thru this treatment ..... 

take care & all the best xx