Surgery day

Options
kyles1
kyles1 Member Posts: 15
edited November 2023 in Newly diagnosed
So my surgery day has arrived.
I don't no how to feel ,I've hardly slept a wink I found myself scrubbing the bathroom at 3am then writing a letter to my children .. I guess I was trying to distract my mind of what lays ahead of me today ..Mixed emotions the last few weeks since diagnosis has been crazy ..I'm usually a strong person but will admit this has blown that right out of the water for me ..
I no you ladies have been here and or are still going through it also and to have you all here to read your stories and to no we are all fighting this battle together and support each other is truely amazing..
Well I guess all I can do now is to meet this bitch of a cancer head on and to show it who's the boss ..I want it out and gone but I'm terrified of what my body is going to look like when I wake up later today ..
Please keep me in your prayers today and  let's all kick this cancers arse together
Sending love 💕💕💕

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,289
    Options
    Best wishes to you 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,610
    Options
    Best wishes for you today @kyles1 .... the relief you will feel afterwards is just indescribable .... knowing the bitch is out! xx. Then it is onwards & upwards xx

take care 

• GorgyS
    GorgyS Member Posts: 66
    Options
    You will be fine. Trust the surgery team as everything is in their hands. I had my surgery 5 days ago and everything is going well with recovery. Best wishes.
  • Tarma
    Tarma Member Posts: 73
    Options
    @kyles1 😊 thinking of you today💌
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,134
    Options
    Hi @kyles1
    I remember my madtectomy  3 years ago so clearly!
    Even though my breast cancer surgeon was amazingly experienced and very well recommended my anxiety was through the roof.
    I had a lot of pain and had to take heavy duty painkillers for a number of weeks but  it all worked out in the end.
    Take it easy and take the pain meds if you need them.
    also it’s standard to feel emotional and have a good cry .
    take care 🌺
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,381
    Options
    Hi @kyles1 All over with by now. Time to rest. The scar you now have is your show of strength and resilience. You got that little devil and won. Don't hesitate to ask for painkillers if you need them. I was painfree by the next day and just found the drains a drag. Literally. I sometimes forgot they were there and left the room with them following! Sending big hugs
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    HelenlovesSnoopy Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Oh @kyles1, I just saw this sorry but praying for you now for a great recovery ❤️‍🩹 

Yes we’re all in this together and I’m so grateful for this amazing forum.

You can do this Kylie!

Big very gentle hugs from Helen xox