Eyelashes/eyebrows

Options
Has anyone permanently lost eyelashes and eyebrows? I’m three weeks past finishing Taxol and my hair is definitely coming back but the eyelashes/eyebrows are completely gone and don’t seem to be growing back. I’m starting to think I must have to accept they are gone for good 

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,370
    Options
    Take heart they may just take longer! My last eyelash dropped on my cheek and I felt a bit sad as they had lasted remarkably well but very, very close examination showed the tiniest row of new ones imaginable, easy to
    miss when they first start growing. My eyebrows took much longer. 
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    Hi @Tillycat,
    It took 10weeks before ANY hair growth started.I was beside myself. Everything eventually grew back-hang in there.
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,278
    Options
    Hi @Tillycat , it all takes time. I think for me it was about 3 months but my eyelashes and brows did come back. It is all frustrating isn't it. I did get a product to stimulate hair grow from a brow place but to be honest I am not sure if it actually worked or they just grew back anyway. My underarm hair didn't come back much at all on the side of my radium so I guess that wS good but everywhere else it all recovered. Best wishes to you 
  • Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 482
    Options
    I did not lose my hair, as I used the Cold Cap But I did lose my eyelashes and eyebrows.
    I was not very hairy prior to cancer treatments.
    I am 2 1/2yrs post Chemo, and I have no eyebrows. Prior I had enough to tint, but none now.
    I had mine tattooed prior to Chemo, just as well.
    Eyelashes did come back, starting within weeks of finishing Paclitaxol.
    Good luck, be patient. It seems most people do get brows and lashes back.
  • Selkie
    Selkie Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Eyebrows take longer to both fall out and grow back due to being on a different growth cycle to head hair. I lost more eyebrows in the month after TC chemo than during it. Three months later they're starting to regrow- finally.