Best Swimwear Prosthesis

Options
Cora
Cora Member Posts: 110
Hello, looking to buy a swimsuit, but would be interested in peoples opinions re the best practcle swim prosthesis. 

Comments

• Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 915
    Options
    Hi @Cora I am interested in a swim prosthesis as well.   
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    I live in Sydney region and have a  just been fitted for the
    Amoena breast prosthesis swimform its a lighter weight silicon gel form
    My private  health care will cover some of the cost as well as bras
    Fitting us via a moblie service in my home
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    Government covers a lot of the cost. Ask when purchasing as they have the forms
  • Rowey
    Rowey Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi @Cora. I purchased an Anita swim prosthesis. It wasn’t covered by the government subsidy as only my every day one was. However it was considerably cheaper and might possibly be covered if you have private health insurance.
    I also had some custom made bathers with a prosthesis pocket. These were no more expensive than other good quality bathers and they are great. I feel very confident that I won’t lose my prosthesis and no one would be able to tell that I’m wearing one. It was well worth it
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I’m in Melbourne, I have an Amoena swim prosthesis and bought my swim wear (with a prosthesis pocket) from Breast Care Victoria. 
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options
    I have an Amoena prosthesis  too.  Use it a lot! My little swimming buddy! 

I have an Amoena tankini top and   bikini top and I mix and match the bottoms. Also a pretty Jantzen one piece for the surf and doing laps.  
    Google “ mastectomy swimwear”.
    good luck x 
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Options

Sorry forgot this @Cora
  • Christabel03
    Christabel03 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    I bought a Trulife Activeflow swimming prosthesis and found it to be really good :)