Eating out

Options
pinkhope
pinkhope Member Posts: 12
Hi All. I haven’t eaten out since the Chemo began and that was three months ago. It is now the third week after my last chemo. Any advise on whether it is safe to eat out now as such?

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    @pinkhope

Unless you are eating somewhere that you don’t trust in terms of food hygiene (in which case stay away permanently), I can’t see any harm (COVID notwithstanding). You can play safe and stay away from anything that just might cause a problem (raw fish, soft cheese) but otherwise I’d suggest have a good time! 
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Hi @pinkhope, go have fun. Practice covid safe ie 1.5 meters if you can and sit outside if you can. Enjoy whatever food you want. It is such a great pleasure eating out.  Pick places you know have good hygiene. That's always the way to go anytime. Have fun and if you enjoy wine, have a glass of that too. 
  • pinkhope
    Options
    @Afraser and @Cath62 - thank you heaps for the motivation. I have made a reservation at a restaurant. Looking forward to it 😀.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @pinkhope, Wonderful to have your appetite back and feeling like stepping out - have a great night out!
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Hi @pinkhope ( love the name!)
    Its really important to savour life’s pleasures once you get through your treatment in my view.
    I would say go for it and have a lovely meal.
    I also treated myself to a lovely holiday when I finished my surgery and radiotherapy .
    Take care 🌺
  • pinkhope
    Options
    @jennyss and @Julez1958 - thank you for the encouragement. I had a lovely dinner at one of my favourite restaurants yesterday🥳. Trying to get back to some normalcy and defining the new normal.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options