5 years today since my surgery ....

Options
arpie
arpie Member Posts: 7,592
Celebrating my 5 year anniversary (today) since my surgery .... This would be the first year that I didn't 'remember' my 5 year 'diagnosis date' of January 5 as well! 

Up til 'that' phone call, I'd still convinced myself it was just cysts .....

LOTS of water under the bridge since then - and many thanks to those on BCNA who've offered support and constructive information on getting thru the surgery, Rads & Tabs - I was very lucky that I didn't need chemo.   And also for your support during the last 2 years when my husband was so ill .... 

So .... take care - and remember - if you are suffering extreme side effects from your treatment - make sure you check with your Onc if they can reduce the dose or try something else .... and if they aren't supportive of you .... you can always change Oncs!  (I did!!)

Take care & all the best with your ongoing treatment xx

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Congratulations on your 5 years. How amazing. You're an inspiration to many and I really appreciate all your words of wisdom to me and to others. 
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    Great stuff @arpie on reaching your five year mark. You have been and still are a wonderful support and great fount of wisdom to both newbies and also the 'Old Guard'. May it continue and allow you to catch more fish, paddle your kayak further and strum your uke for many more years.
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Happy 5 year anniversary @arpie
    That’s a great milestone!
    🎉🎉🎉
    🍾🍾🍾
    👍👍👍
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

• Fufan
    Fufan Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Well done @arpie!  You have a wealth of knowledge and I have found you a great support during my year on this site.  I know the last year has been tough for you, but believe, as you have supported us, we are sending our best to you.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,537
    Options
    Congratulations @arpie!!! 🎉🎉 Wonderful news, and may you celebrate many more of these 🍀♥️.

M Xx
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Dear @arpie,yes, yes, yes, to all of the above,

wendy55
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Congratulations @arpie.  You can look forwards now and enjoy the fishing etc.
  • laurie123
    laurie123 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Congratulations @arpie!  You are an inspiration and have been so helpful to me in my posts, I'm early days (4 months since diagnosis) and going through an emotional rollercoaster so people like you truly make a huge difference.  
    Huge congratulations again!  Such wonderful news!
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 924
    Options
    Congratulations @arpie .    Thank you for your words of wisdom, suggestions, support and friendship here on bcna site.    Your thoughtfulness to others old and new when things have been hard for you the past couple of years is very much appreciated.   Love you. xxxx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,379
    Options
    Huge Congrats @arpie. I am back online again and just catching up on the past three months. You are a complete inspiration and I love you without ever meeting you.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    Welcome back, @Blossom1961 xx .... thank you (and to everyone) for your kind words of support xx   I see my surgeon to 'sign off' in early March ..... and hope I won't have to see him again! 

Who knows ... we may well meet up sometime - let me know if you ever head up the NSW coast! ;) .... I'll actually be in Vic in March but am tied up with commitments, then will be fishing my way home, up the coast!  :)  Can't wait!