Suggestions for non wired bras for larger cup sizes

Options
Kathryn2412
Kathryn2412 Member Posts: 10
Hi everyone 
Does anyone have any suggestions for non-underwired bras for larger cup sizes? I had a lumpectomy 2 weeks ago and I’m currently in post-surgery bras. But interested to know what to get - once the breast is completely healed I guess. Being larger in the cup, I still need good support. Any ideas? Thank you :)

Comments

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    Hi @Kathryn2412
    I don’t have anything specific for you as I went to a C cup, but my breast care nurse suggested Leila o’Toole here in Sydney and they not only helped me with bras but also swimsuits.
    Maybe you could ask your breast care nurse if there is something similar in Melbourne?
    Or maybe some Melbourne ladies  can jump on here with some suggestions.
    Take care 🌺
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,556
    Options
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    I require a mastectomy bra but I’d also recommend BreastCare Victoria, with a good range and personal service. Just note they are closed until the 19th of January. 
  • Kathryn2412
    Kathryn2412 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks everyone 😊
  • Pommy8
    Pommy8 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm wearing like a sports bra no underwire unless getting dressed up.
    I'm an F 
  • Kristen
    Kristen Member Posts: 118
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I like some of the underwired Amoena brand masectomy bras, I  wear a  full prosthesis on one side, in the pocket ,but my real boob needs good support. It is tricky to find the right one that works for your body shape and dimensions as everyone is different back width and height, so good if you can go to a amonea bra fitter and they are listed on the Amoena  website. Just don't expect as much choice or range. Partial prosthesis are eligable for the medicare rebate.(but not bras and they are super $$)  There are non wired amoena options too. But I find for a good shape i like wired for my fuller figured bust.  Yes Leila O toole in the city have good fitters if your in Sydney they are the best.  Depending on the size partial prostheis you need and its location , sometimes a normal non pocketed  bra works, i know my retired bra fitter used to suggest to some some bigger ladies to go to the real specialty stores that carry bigger sizes for those unique bras large cup  narrow back  to really get a good fit. Its tricky , but first stop would be a prosthesis fitter if you can and see what they can offer or order in to try for your size. Once you have been fitted then next time you can try the online stores for reorders , but not a lot of stock comes into Australia, its really hard to deal with psot surgery, but its worth the effort, once you get a good fit you feel much better.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Just incase it is of interest to others who may read this bra thread.For post surgey recovery when support not a high priority , i have seen a newer front closing bra in colours, called Breastwear.Racer back , low support, but good for ladies who want something easy to put on and off after surgery and radiation etc but add some colour.And for lucky ladies with smaller chests, Know your Knockers, sell some lovely sporty crop bras. Both are aussie companies.

• Sevenbe
    Sevenbe Member Posts: 27
    Options
    I am a D cup and I found the Boody brand ribbed seamless bras to be quite good support and very comfortable. You can find them in some chemists or online (boody.com.au)

I haven't tried their new full bust wireless bras yet, but I have high hopes.