New look online network

Options
jennyss
jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
Well, that serves me right for not reading the announcements. I opened up the BCNA network this morning - and it has all changed. I can cope lol!

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    LOL. It's different, isn't it??   Being creatures of habit, it may take a little while to work all of it out .... ;)

• Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 876
    Options
    I hope the change didn't shock you @jennyss. Even the Moderators will have to get used to the new look and navigation too. We hope the changes have been subtle enough for you to still feel the familiarity of what you are used to.
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 703
    Options
    well i remembered but only just got home from my fully booked day. 
    Love the new look. I’ll jump on the survey shortly 
    great job by the team 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Very good. The home for me screen is mostly filled with a picture of smiling middle aged white women who are presumably the only people who get breast cancer. 
  • cranky_granny
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Or is 2 women and 1 guy I could be wrong hard to tell
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    You could be right @cranky_granny and my sincere apologies to he/she/them if I got it wrong.
    Not in the right head space to renavigate all this.
    Can't see recent comments.
    No notifications.
    Probably got the wrong version of the BCNA app, presuming there is such a thing.
    Out with the old and in with the new.
    It's a brave new world. 
    Fuck it.
  • cranky_granny
    Options
    @Zoffiel I’ve looked from all angles still not 💯% sure but i like to think it is 
  • cranky_granny
    Options
    Hey @Zoffiel. I just got on my phone where i can enlarge things. Your right. Hopefully that will get fixed. Might be a pic has to be organised 
  • Mez_BCNA
    Options
    Hi @cranky_granny @Zoffiel, thankyou for the feedback. Hopefully you have had chance to look through the various categories as well to see the range of different imaging BCNA have used. The notifications and recent comments should be appearing though, so do reach out if you cannot access them.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    I am a bit confused as to how I find any discussions I have not yet read.  If I miss a day or more I could always go back and read them but here I can only see 5 or 6 in the 'recent' or 'trending' ... but I am using an old-fashioned desktop PC.
  • Mez_BCNA
    Options
    Hi @June1952, You can navigate to the 'Discussions' at the top on the blue banner which will give you ALL of the discussions currently happening in the Online Network and it is in the old format that you are used to with Announcements at the top and peer to peer discussions thereafter. It is only the Homepage that has changed to give you a quick snapshot of the most recent and trending discussions. I have posted a short video that I can share here as well and I hope it helps:

https://youtu.be/5TCWKDlZSOM

Reach out if you need further assistance.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    Thanks @Mez_BCNA - that is brilliant!  

YAY!!  I hadn't spotted the 'newest' option being available in the Search Area ... That will make searches MUCH more efficient, as most would want to read the newer threads first, rather that old ones ....

Is there any way that Vanilla can make 'newest' as the 'default' first option and then members can choose the 'best match' or 'oldest' if they prefer?  I am pretty sure it was on 'best match' when I used it earlier today (and didn't notice the other options) - and whilst more recent ones 'were' at the top, not all were - so the 'newest' would be most useful for most members, I reckon.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    It looks much better on my laptop, looks quite awful on my phone though. Lacks much differentiation in text there. 
  • Mez_BCNA
    Options
    Thankyou @Arpie That is a good question to ask Vanilla, I can put that forward. Thankyou for the feedback @Afraser, I will ask the developers whether there is any way to improve the appearance that is experienced through devices
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Thank you @Mez_BCNA - this oldie did not even notice that fine blue banner !!!
    Having no kids/grandkids we are well behind the 8 ball when trying to use online sites. 🤣🤣
    No doubt we will all get used to it as we did when it changed some years ago.
    Thanks again.