My Care - Understanding Informed Financial Consent

Options
Mez_BCNA
Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 876
edited November 2022 in Community news and events

Hi members,

During October for breast Cancer Awareness Month, BCNA will shine a light on optimal breast cancer care. The aim is to raise awareness in the community, the health sector and amongst the BCNA network about what optimal care means. 

I know not all of you are on other social platforms so I thought this would be a good idea to share the key October social media posts through the online network that relate to the theme of 'understanding my care'.

The fourth of the five key areas of the Optimal care pathways for people with breast cancer is:

'Informed Financial Consent'

Once you have been diagnosed with breast cancer, your focus is often on your treatment. But the cost and impact of that treatment can contribute to what is already an overwhelming time for you and your family.

BCNA's Managing the financial impact of breast cancer factsheet can provide you with general information and advice about financial and practical assistance that may be available to reduce your out-of-pocket costs or help you pay for them.

You can access BCNA's fact sheet via link Managing
the Financial Impacts of Breast Cancer
. For further information regarding the optimal care pathway head to our website https://bit.ly/BCNA_BCAM_or call BCNA's Helpline on 1800 500 258 between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm AEST Monday to Friday