My Care - Understanding Best Timeframes for Treatment

Options
Mez_BCNA
Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 874
edited November 2022 in Community news and events
Hi members,

During October for breast Cancer Awareness Month, BCNA will shine a light on optimal breast cancer care. The aim is to raise awareness in the community, the health sector and amongst the BCNA network about what optimal care means. 

I know not all of you are on other social platforms so I thought this would be a good idea to share the key October social media posts through the online network that relate to the theme of 'understanding my care'.

The third of the five key areas of the Optimal care pathways for people with breast cancer is:

'Best Timeframes for Treatment '

We know being diagnosed with breast cancer can be overwhelming. You receive a lot of information, attend many appointments, and have to make decisions about the treatment and care that is right for you.

The optimal care pathway for people with breast cancer outlines the timeframes in which you can expect tests or procedures to happen. They are only a guide, but can assist you in asking the right questions to help make informed decisions about your care.

If you would like more information about timeframes for your treatment or the the optimal care pathway, you can visit our website https://bit.ly/BCNA_BCAM_ or call BCNA's Helpline on 1800 500 258 between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm AEST Monday to Friday