Welcome New Members - 5th October 2022

Options
Mez_BCNA
Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 874
edited October 2022 in General discussion

A very warm welcome to our newest members:

@KathyG1971 @Haitch @happywombat @Atlantic @Liana_Fas @Capricorn68 @Jodez @TraceK @rickiticate @TJ254 @Seok @LouiseW @Mary73 @jess_b @Jenn_Sim1 @Stacey_ @Kelgore @MrsPicks @laurie123 @Dazzle @IWMarie @idrathernot @Spring @Nashp @Tomobun @Jen_B @sixofnine @Selkie @Bluew @fraggle009 @Naomi7_ @MBK @Ella08

You have found your way to Breast Cancer Network Australia’s (BCNA’s) Online Network. This is a forum where you are not alone and can engage with generous members who provide meaningful support to each other. You can share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with to other members. Please explore our various Groups for members who are looking for greater peer-to-peer support.  

The following links may also be helpful in getting you started:  

Our long-time members (newbies too!) are a wealth of information regarding the useful discussion topics and information available through BCNA’s Online Network, therefore please do not hesitate to post your questions.  You have the option to add details about yourself to your ‘profile’ and if you would like more targeted member responses, you may like to add where you live ( eg. Sydney, Melbourne, regional Victoria etc).  

If you need help navigating the Online Network please message myself @Mez_BCNA or one of our other moderators @Jenny_BCNA @Carissa_BCNA @Pat_BCNA @Kate_BCNA . 

Please note: The online network is not moderated by staff/volunteers on Sundays, however if you need something actioned the quickest way to resolve your query is to contact the Member Support Team via email contact@bcna.org.au or phone 1800 500 258 Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm AEST.

Comments

• rickiticate
    rickiticate Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome.
    I'm due for a double mastectomy on Oct 26.
    I would love to connect with otgers near me to grab a cuppa and chat, I'm near St Kilda 
  • Dazzle
    Dazzle Member Posts: 13
    Options
    I wish you the absolute best for your operation @rickiticate
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Welcome new members, to this club none of us thought we'd ever join.
    Remember that any question is acceptable here, we've all been there so know things will be on your mind - don't go to bed without reaching out as a 'problem shared is a problem halved' and you will rest better having got it off your chest.
    This weekly update reminds us all how many people, both ladies and men, are diagnosed on a regular basis - people whose lives are turned upside down when we least expect it.
    If you put your location next to your name in the profile, members who are close to you can recommend services nearby and maybe even catch up for a cuppa if that will help you get through.
  • Jen_B
    Jen_B Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome.
    37 year old diagnosed with de novo metastatic beast cancer in late June
    Still working my way around this online forum, seems to be lots of conversations of interest that are quite old.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Hello @Jen_B - welcome to this exclusive club.
    If you see a post of interest make a comment on it to bring it back to the top so you get more up-to-date comments.
    Otherwise, make your own post requesting input.