Discouraged & Dissappointed

Options
Im sorry, I need to vent. I have no one to unload too. I had my single mastectomy Friday. Yesterday was OK, BUT they refused me my medically prescribed cannabis oil, which I called the hospital 10 days ago, pharmacist who said it was OK even though it is Schedule 8. I have a registered TGA card. Then yesterday when I asked for it, 2 nurses came to see me & advised that I wasn't allowed, even though my surgeon approved, I have referral/statement letter from my GP, copy of prescription with dosage instructions,  have all information printed, and yet they made me feel like a junkie. I take this stuff both for my work related stress condition & pain management. Now I have to continually beg for laxatives, because the alternative, which is Vallium is not working & causes more constipation. I will be making a formal complaint about this Private Hospital because I am disgusted that my basic human rights have been ignored. I could say more, of mis communication regarding my regular meds. At the moment, feel like ripping out all plugs, lines & discharging myself. But I'm still in a lot of pain and lots of blood stuff coming out. I guess I'm struggling with withdrawals. I'm sorry, I thought they had lift their game from my last admission. Sorry. Cora  PS I discharged myself as I felt traumatised by the whole lack of medical help. I could say more, but what's the point. I'm glad I'm home. And to top it all off, they forgot to take the cannula out till I mentioned it getting into the lift. Appreciate this private hospital prides itself on excellence, compassion etc, etc. I will go public now, but right now I feel like the plug has been pulled & I don't want anymore treatment. That's it, I'm sorry. I have deliberately NOT used certain words which might cause undue stress, and that's not what I want..

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I feel you. I’m glad you discharged yourself. They refuse you something natural and proven to work over chemicals with hundreds of side effects. Then people say big pharma doesn’t benefit. It’s all a game and we’re the ones who suffer. I hope you got what you needed at home and are feeling better. 
  • Cora
    Cora Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Not only that, but I took a prescribed anti inflammation med prescribed by my surgeon, which caused stomach aches & this morning noticed this Med was on my side effects statement. I was NOT to take it. I included it in their pre-admission online portal, I had a hard copy & I told the anaesthetist, but it was either ignored or overlooked. I call this malpractice. I'm still so upset. I want to scream at someone, but no one cares anyway. I'm considering taking legal action

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    @Cora

Have you someone to assist you at this time? A breast care nurse? Your GP? A friend? You are upset and angry and need someone to assist you to think through all your next steps, as it’s very hard to do in the circumstances. BCNA will also be willing to assist. Take care.
  • Cora
    Cora Member Posts: 110
    Options

Afraser said:

@Cora

Have you someone to assist you at this time? A breast care nurse? Your GP? A friend? You are upset and angry and need someone to assist you to think through all your next steps, as it’s very hard to do in the circumstances. BCNA will also be willing to assist. Take care.

Thank you again for your support. I will be documenting a letter to the DON & CEO & relevant authorities. I'm not ready today, still recovering, but my partner suggested to expose this Catholic Private Hospital to Cuurent Affair. I will wait a day or two. I'm just glad that with my admin background I  was able to document all my medical information including known side effects, which was ignored & now I'm still suffering from its effect. I'm absolutely disgusted. Not only did I have my precious breast removed but now have to fight beaurocracy.
  • GenK
    GenK Member Posts: 65
    Options
    I’m so sorry to hear that. When I was on CBD/THC oil there was confusion over it (still fairly new in hospital system especially with nurses, though Drs adjusting faster) but I took my own supply into hospital (public) and they did give it to me, and given it works best taken daily they shouldn’t have withheld it. Definitely put in a complaint that you weren’t given your usual medication despite Dr approval. Hope things are settling now you’re home and back on it. It did wonders for my ptsd and chronic pain, if I could afford it I’d still be on it. 🌺