Quick update and proud mum

Options
Dot42
Dot42 Member Posts: 120
edited January 2012 in Day to day

Hi lovely ladies,  I have been every now and again on the network to check how you all been.

I thought I better give an update on me.  Well I have been doing really great.  There is times I am still extremely tired but with Xmas and four girls that could also add to the tiredness. 

I had my nipple reconstructions they took really well.  One has shrink more than the other but i see plastic surgeon on 13 february and see what he advises.  

I see the  oncologist gynaecologist surgeon (what a mouthful) on the 20 th february about my hysterectomy.  I am really ready for this. I rather the hysterectomy than have to worry about cancer down there. I had a sore back over Xmas and mind makes you think please dont let this be cancer. Luckily the doctor said it was all muscular.  I guess that will always be the way for us women now every little pain will make you wonder is it cancer.   

The most fantastic news is my 17 year old daughter made it into university and she wants to be a nurse.  I am one very proud mum.

Take care all of you

Dot xxx

Comments

• pennyb
    pennyb Member Posts: 176
    edited March 2015
    Options
    To you and your daughter, how exciting! Yes it's awful how we automatically think the worst now. Hopefully that fear will leave us in time.
    Good luck with your appointments
    Penny xx
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

It was good to read your update.I'm glad all is going well for you and congats to your daughter getting into uni. Yes,it's hard to deal with aches and pains now cos we immediately think it's cancer.I'm going to the doctor's next week to get my sore hip checked out. We always seem to be going to the doctor's for one thing or another.You are so brave facing another operation but it will be a relief for you in the long run.Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

It was good to read your update.I'm glad all is going well for you and congats to your daughter getting into uni. Yes,it's hard to deal with aches and pains now cos we immediately think it's cancer.I'm going to the doctor's next week to get my sore hip checked out. We always seem to be going to the doctor's for one thing or another.You are so brave facing another operation but it will be a relief for you in the long run.Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Tonya xx

• Dot42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you ladies for all your comments.   Yes I am still extremely happy and very proud of my daughter, its been a tough year and half for my family.  Yet she still manage to make it. (well all our families have had it tough.)

Yes Sarah, my daughter plans to do the same as you, to travel the world. As soon as she finishes her studies she wants to spend a year in Europe working.  So I have a few years to prepare myself when she leaves.   

I sorry to hear of your pain Tonya and Leonie.  Yes I do agree we must get things check out, I actually kept putting mine off for a week saying I am just being paranoid but then you get that thought, could it be?  Then when I went to the doctor, he said why did I suffer he could actually feel my back muscle spasming in his hand.  Luckily a week of ultrasound treatment sorted it all out.   Please let me know ladies how it all progresses for you. 

Take care

Dot xx

• Dot42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you ladies for all your comments.   Yes I am still extremely happy and very proud of my daughter, its been a tough year and half for my family.  Yet she still manage to make it. (well all our families have had it tough.)

Yes Sarah, my daughter plans to do the same as you, to travel the world. As soon as she finishes her studies she wants to spend a year in Europe working.  So I have a few years to prepare myself when she leaves.   

I sorry to hear of your pain Tonya and Leonie.  Yes I do agree we must get things check out, I actually kept putting mine off for a week saying I am just being paranoid but then you get that thought, could it be?  Then when I went to the doctor, he said why did I suffer he could actually feel my back muscle spasming in his hand.  Luckily a week of ultrasound treatment sorted it all out.   Please let me know ladies how it all progresses for you. 

Take care

Dot xx