Acupuncture study at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse

Sandes
Sandes Member Posts: 17
edited July 2022 in Health and wellbeing
For ex-patients who have been treated for breast cancer at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse in Sydney; they are recruiting people who completed the cancer treatment but still experience pain, fatigue , sleep disturbance and/or numbness / tingling  to participate in an acupuncture study that will run for 6 weeks  from mid August to September. Free of charge.
At the Living Room (for info livingroom.research@lh.org.au)

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    As a fan of acupuncture I applaud the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse in Sydney.  It is wonderful to know that a 'mainstream' facility is looking at the 'alternatives' available to us all.
    My relationship with acupuncture began may many years ago as a treatment for hot flushes.  In more recent times I have used it for pain, inflammation etc.
    Find a well-trained practitioner and you have nothing to lose(mine is a qualified Doctor of Chinese Medicine).
    I look forward to hearing how many ladies respond to this call-out.
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,103
    Hi there
    i had acupuncture at the Kinghorn wellness centre in Sydney after my mastectomy and it helped me with the pain .
    it’s not for everyone but many people find it helps .
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    Omg this is fantastic 🤩🤩. I might qualify. 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Go for it @FLClover - you are one of the site's night owls so some acupuncture may be a good thing to try.  All the best.  💖