Eyebrows

Hendrix
Hendrix Member Posts: 322
Good evening all…after losing your eyebrows did you use anything like drawing them in or those eyebrow stamps…can anyone recommend anything? And also did anyone have a dry scalp and what helped…thank you x

Comments

• Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 479
    I had thin eyebrows before Chemo. But I had already had them tattooed.
    I had them redone just before Chemo, after the Mastectomy.
    I have no eyebrows now 2 years after finishing Chemo.
    I have very little body hair now also.
    In the past I have tried an eyebrow stencil, with reasonable results.I'm glad that I have tattoos now, as I need something to follow if I am to recommence with stencils.
    Unfortunately the eyebrow tattoos fade, and need redoing. I don't seem to have a lot of choice.
    Sorry I haven't had a dry scalp.

• Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 322
    Thanks @Abbydog
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Before chemo my eyebrows were like hairy caterpillars, when fashionable eyebrows were delicate plucked arches. The tide turned, and now that my eyebrows are practically non-existent, fashionable eyebrows are strong defined lines. LOL!

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,267
    I use to have really thick eyebrows and now they are thin but I have enough eyebrow hair to tint them when I get my hair cut. I am not a fan of the current tattooed eyebrows phase but with tinting I can keep my options open for awhile.
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Hi all, after 9 years of chemo and am currently on IV chemo now, I have no eyebrows,I tried having them hennaed, which is fine but only lasts a few weeks and is not really a cheap option,the therapist who did this said my skin was too fragile for microblading or tattooing,so its back to the good old fashioned eyebrow pencil/brush, which I find is just as good and if I dont feel like"putting on my eyebrows" I dont, I have got used to me as is and my partner loves me just the way I am,but I must admit that having eyebrows does help define my face, especially when you dont have much hair,just a matter of trying all the options.

wendy55
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    My scalp drove me crazy. I use apricot kernal oil and massage it in, wash it off with next shower. I need to do this once a fortnight.
  • noosa_blue150
    noosa_blue150 Member Posts: 211
    When I lost my hair, I used moo goo scalp cream/lotion , which helped 
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    When i lost my eyebrows i did use a stamp which was quite good.  They have grown back just as they were before.  I get them waxed and tinted every 4 weeks.   
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited July 2022
    Mine have become very sparse after multiple chemos and all the other shit. And, of course, what is left is now grey.

I find a light brush with a dark brown eyeshadow works better than pencils.

I don't want 'definition' as I'm not a big fan of the sort of makeup I'd associate with stage performance. It looks ok from a distance, but I find it alarming up close.

I only bother with the basics if I'm trying to dress myself up a bit. Doesn't last long but easily reapplied. Mxx
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    I was lucky - my eyebrows grew back much as they had always been. If they hadn’t, I might have been interested in tattooing but only if I didn’t look like the current fashion, which to me resembles wearing identical brown caterpillars on your brow! Wearing glasses (I don’t now but did during active treatment) is a great disguise for no eyebrows. 
  • Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    Hi @Hendrix My eyebrows didn’t return after chemo 7 years ago, wore glasses so didn’t bother doing anything about them as the glasses hid them. Then last year I had a cataract fixed and didn’t need glasses anymore, so earlier this year I had them tattooed on and I love them, I  now feel my face is complete and looks together if that makes sense.
  • Ausmum2
    Ausmum2 Member Posts: 57
    Hello @Hendrix
    After having fabulous lush eyebrows, they grew back in patchy post chemo, so I’ve had them tattooed in to even them out. 
    I also went to “look good feel better” classes to learn eyebrow products and learn to use them. Really helpful (as I’d never had to “eyebrow” before having lovely ones with tinting and waxing). 
    As for scalp, I cold capped but I still got the dry flaky reaction (as I have always had “allergy skin” and “sensitive scalp”) I used scalp creme from Philip Kingsley (as I also used their parabene and colour free shampoo and conditioner as they ask you to use these during cold capping - joys of a hairdresser daughter- she can recommend lovely product) and it was the bomb diggity. 
    Now I’m using curl crème to help tame the chemo curls ha ha ha (most days I look like Einstein or de Julius Sumner Miller 😝)
    good luck 
  • Christabel03
    Christabel03 Member Posts: 80
    Hi @Hendrix
    When I was first told I was going to be having some full on chemo one of the first things I went and purchased was eyebrow stencils. I had invested heaps into my brows, they were so full and thick and I was so sad to be losing them...in hindsight not the worse thing but still... at the time I had no idea how I would cope with no brows!!! I had no idea how I would go with using them, but honestly they were the best thing after a bit of trial and error. I think they were Models Prefer brand from Priceline and were maybe $8. I think now MCo Beauty do some which are almost the same. It just took some practice with the right colour brow powder and getting them even but so many people used to compliment them!! There was about four or five different shapes in the pack too. 
    I'm I think 12 weeks post chemo now and my hair is coming back, one brow is thicker than the other and they are very patchy. 
    I also had the scalp issue and found the MooGoo Scalp Cream to be excellent. 
    Hope this helps :)