Travel insurance

Options
srowe
srowe Member Posts: 5
edited September 2022 in General discussion
Hey

Does anyone know of a good travel insurance company that will provided oversea coverage post treatment.

Thank you
Shannon 

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,377
    Options
    I’ve used Covermore for years - never had to make a claim though. There may be an issue of how long post active treatment or how long post any hospitalisation. I haven’t used them post Covid so would be worth checking that also. But I found their cancer cover good, and very clear what was covered and what wasn’t. 
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,286
    Options
    Hi, I have used covermore and also A1 cover pre breast cancer but I had malignant melanoma and found both cover similar. I have not travelled overseas since my diagnosis and treatment. Having said that I would like to go oversees again. 
  • srowe
    srowe Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you for the information. I will look into both companies and see.  
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,130
    Options
    I haven’t gone anywhere needing travel instance since my treatment ended last August ( Covid…) but I did have a great experience some years ago with cover more when I had an issue with needing eye surgery in Berlin - they went above and beyond.

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    Hi Shannon (@srowe) - From what I hear, any issue with all types of cancer can be a real sticking point with travel insurance and COVID has made things even more complicated.  Make sure you look at the type of coverage you may require.  Be sure to read all the 'fine print'.  Travel safe and enjoy.  Where are you off to ?  We will look forward to hearing your travel stories.