Letrozole & Ozempic

Options
Hendrix
Hendrix Member Posts: 324
Good evening all, hoping someone can help…I’m a diabetic and I’ve been on Ozempic for a few months, which has been great for stabilising my sugar levels…but I’ve lost no weight with it…I’m not sure whether it’s because of Letrozole…anyone else on aromatase inhibitor and Ozempic and had success with weight loss? Thank you Nellie

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    thanks @iserbrown I know there is weight gain with letrozole…I wanted to know if anyone is on letrozole and taking Ozempic and had success with weighloss whilst on Ozempic…
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    edited May 2022
    Options
    As I understand it, it can take a little while to kick in with the weight loss ... and also relies on portion control and exercise as well.

Most start on .25mg weekly for a month. Then increases to .50mg weekly from then on.

Are you just hoping for the weight loss to be a good side effect of taking Ozempic, or is your GP plan to definitely lose weight?   Those on a weight loss program may be on more frequent doses too?

My husband is on it for diabetes control and we've gone back to .25mg as we don't want him to lose weight!  His levels are much more stable.

There is a worldwide shortage of Ozempic just now too .... so there is usually a waiting list when you put your script in.