Microcalifications

Options
Angelaa
Angelaa Member Posts: 2 New Member
edited September 2022 in Newly diagnosed
Good morning I'm new to this site and would like other opinions. Approximately three weeks ago I had a fine needle aspiration after finding calcifications in my right breast. I am due to have a lumpectomy in two weeks. Today I found a lump where I had the needle aspiration. Is this common. Has anyone else had this problem. Regards 

Comments

• Angelaa
    Angelaa Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Options
    Just to mention the lump is deep in the breast and not painful 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    https://www.bcna.org.au/resource/fact-sheet-breast-cancer-pathology/

The above will give you a better understanding of where you are at and what to expect

If you google 
    BCNA Fine Needle Aspiration 
    It will bring up a PDF 6 page document 

Hope that helps

Take care
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Hi @Angelaa - Welcome to the Blog - but sorry to see you've joined the Club that no-one really wants to join! :(

I had a lot of bruising from a bunch of biopsies on the same day (which would be similar to the aspiration, I guess - taking multiple bits from around the suspect area .... mine was quite bruised & lumpy for a while afterwards .... it could also be a bit of liquid/seroma ... that usually self absorbs.

Have you been assigned a Breast Care Nurse yet?  You could raise the issue with her?  Or if you ring your BC surgeon's office, they would usually have a Breast Care nurse on duty who you could chat with on Monday. xx

In the meantime, check out this post about the different 'other' areas on the forum - some of them even for fun!  Whack up pics of your pets or your gardens, have a giggle at the 'funnies' ..... and add your own!
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/comment/201679

Take care and all the best with your upcoming surgery.  You'll feel much relief, once it is done xx