Blood cancer markers

Options
ChezaH
ChezaH Member Posts: 549
Hi when they do a test before your oncologist appointment eg CA15.3 what should the count be? mine has gone from 42 down to 36 like to know more about these tests ????

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,585
    Options
    Your Onc should be able to explain the levels, @ChezaH ... I believe anything under 30 is considered ‘normal’ ... but from 31 to 45 may ALSO be ‘fairly normal’ ... 

The fact that it is going down has to be a good sign, I am thinking .... all the best for your Onc appt xx
  • ChezaH
    Options

arpie said:

Your Onc should be able to explain the levels, @ChezaH ... I believe anything under 30 is considered ‘normal’ ... but from 31 to 45 may ALSO be ‘fairly normal’ ... 

The fact that it is going down has to be a good sign, I am thinking .... all the best for your Onc appt xx

thank you xx
  • PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi @ChezaH

I finished treatment in September last year, I don’t remember having any tests for blood cancer markers.  Did your oncologist suggest these tests and how often do you have the test.  If you are concerned definitely call up the oncologist, they might be able to give you more information.
  • ChezaH
    Options

PV123 said:

Hi @ChezaH

I finished treatment in September last year, I don’t remember having any tests for blood cancer markers.  Did your oncologist suggest these tests and how often do you have the test.  If you are concerned definitely call up the oncologist, they might be able to give you more information.

Yes I have a few different ones each time I see him. thanks Cheryl xx