Weight loss

Options
Jaijing
Jaijing Member Posts: 7
Hi. I am newly diagnosed with stage 1 BC at the age of 50 (ER+/PR+, HER2-)
 I had a lumpectomy on 28/4 and am now waiting for radiation and will be on Tamoxifen post radiation. 
Since I’ve been diagnosed (on 21/4) I’ve lost 2 kgs due to stress & loss of appetite. 
I’ve now been able to eat but my weight is still the same. 
 I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. 

I generally very active. Go to gym 3-4 times/week. Eating healthy. No family history of cancer. BC came as a huge shock for me. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Lythe
    Lythe Member Posts: 65
    Options
    i definitely lost weight around the time of diagnosis due to stress and it stayed down for a while until I started taxol and then I gained it all back plus some! You’re weight will even out as you settle in to the new normal I’m sure. For now, just focus on eating well. All the best
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,554
    Options
    @Jaijing

Sorry you are here however there's a wealth of information and experience that hopefully will steady the nerves for you.  Here's a link from the BCNA website that has other links within

Healthy eating | Breast Cancer Network Australia (bcna.org.au)

Deep breaths
    Best wishes
    and most importantly Take care of you
  • Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I have lost a couple of kilos since lumpectomy a month ago. I was thinking it might be the letrozole. But could also be giving up drinking? It’s not my diet, as I have been eating chocolate every night! I’m hoping it’s fat loss, but could be muscle loss after lying around so much after the op. 

PS I’m waiting on radiation now too, so it sounds like we are on a similar timeline @Jaijing - keep in touch
  • Jaijing
    Options
    @Halla
    I stalking this forum since last month. 
    I think we been diagnosed nearly the same time. Good to come here and read how the other been through. My radiation will go for 4 weeks. Keep it up Halla we can do it. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,539
    Options
    Hello. I lost around 6 kilos in a month due to stress after my operation. I had a double mastectomy with expanders. Almost 3 months later I started radiation. Soon after that I put the weight back on. Now im on hormone suppressers and feel like a bumblebee 
  • Jaijing
    Options
    @FLClover

my oncologist did mention about weight gain and Tamoxifen. I will start Tamoxifen after the radiation. I think  stress must burn calories than exercise lol but I prepared to do
    anything to stop this cancer coming back. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,539
    Options
    Me too. I can handle a bit of weight gain. But just absolutely no more cancer!! 💪🏻