Does Sydney have a face to face catch up group?

Tasia
Tasia Member Posts: 126
edited December 2020 in General discussion
COVID-19 has made most direct human interaction a ʻriskʻ.

I am wondering though if there is a group in Sydney where face to face catch-ups happen - maybe will?
I would very much like to learn more please :-)

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    I have tagged 

@TonyaM

• Tasia
    Hi @iserbrown - thank you for your response. Is TonyaM Sydney based?
  • iserbrown
    Yes!  She runs a group and when she's online next she will respond 
  • Tasia
    Great, thank you @iserbrown. Will look forward to it, seems my low day pattern is Friday (possibly Saturday too).
    Today is fired up with navel gazing, faulty tap human water tears...
  • iserbrown
    Please don't stress too much. At some point most of us can get low.  A little reflection on where you are at, where you have been doesn't hurt.
    Sometimes a simple walk or cup of tea on the verandah or as you are aiming a catch up with others does help.

Take care
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Hi @Tasia, sorry you are having a downer- it happens to all of us from time to time. I run a bc support group called Kellyville Breast buddies in the north/west Hills area of Sydney. Our next meeting is 5/2//2021 at the CWA cottage in Kenthurst. There is also a very good support group at Windsor. Whereabouts in Sydney are you? I’m also happy to chat on the phone - just let me know what works for you.xx
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    I’m Sydney based too and would love a f2f catch up group. I’ve been told that @TonyaM organises them, so hopefully there will be one soon 👌🏻
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    @Giovanna_BCNA
    Would it be an idea to have a Private Group where people can register as interested to catch up ?  Perhaps have a list of major and regional cities where members can add their names if they are interested ?
    Does anyone else think this is a good idea ?
  • Tasia
    @June1952 - I think its a brilliant idea! 
  • Tasia
    Hi @TonyaM
    Lovely to hear from you TonayM - thank you. 

A way off from both those suburbs. I am based in Marrickville (Inner West).
    How often do you run your BC group meetings?

Happy to use any mode of communication :-) x

• Tasia
    @FLClover - Hello :-)

May I ask where in Sydney you are based? 
  • TonyaM
    @June1952, support groups around Australia who are registered with BCNA can be found online here. But I see what you mean- like a ‘meet up’ group. I keep in touch privately with a few ladies I met here online. We built up a rapport here online first and then felt comfortable to correspond privately. It can work well this way whereas when a group is set up here, I think someone has to manage it. Giovanna can perhaps enlighten you
  • TonyaM
    Hi @FLClover, Our support group meets again next Feb(Friday 5th). I’ll put out a reminder in Jan. You are most welcome to contact me privately 
  • TonyaM
    Hi @Tasia, oh Marrickville is abit of a stretch from Kenthurst but you are welcome. We meet bi monthly. Checkout if there are any closer groups to you on this network. You can msge me privately if you want to email or can also ‘chat’ here online.xx
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    edited December 2020
    Hi @TonyaM
    Yep. know about the support groups list but this is a different focus.  Like you I have corresponded with and met a few members but not everyone is good at making the suggestion to meet up.
    Would not need any management, ladies could just add their name to a city name if they want to meet someone and then others in that area could respond via the messages.
    Never mind, it was only an idea to help the shy ladies.